1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Sync update REALLY DOES allow sideloading --BETTER HURRY THOUGH

First they say you could, then they say you can't, but now it looks like you really can. It may not last long, though...

Does HTC sync detect the Aria? I installed it and it recognized the Aria and asked me to name it but the application still says disconnected so I cannot sync with it.

Has anyone tried this yet?

I tried the HTC Sync program out and it did detect my Aria no problems but it just syncs with Outlook Calendar/Contacts?? IDK. It was worthless to me but didn't look like the same program in those screenshots of the link...

strange for some reason my HTC Sync program keeps saying disconnected even though it did detect my phone and asked me to name it

I might try to reinstall it then and see
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by slowman View Post
    I tried the HTC Sync program out and it did detect my Aria no problems but it just syncs with Outlook Calendar/Contacts?? IDK. It was worthless to me but didn't look like the same program in those screenshots of the link...
    Looks like they have switched back to the old update.

HTC switched to the older version.

To get the one with sideload capabilites download here:

Quote Originally Posted by aliendroid View Post
    HTC switched to the older version.

To get the one with sideload capabilites download here:
    Thanks for doing this aliendroid. I was able to download and install your copy of HTC Sync without any problems. Just to be safe, I uninstalled my older version of HTC Sync first, but I did not do anything with the HTC Driver that had been previously installed.

When you connect for the first time after installing HTC Sync, you'll need to make sure that your connection option on the Aria is HTC Sync, or the device won't try to register with the HTC Sync application.

Using this newer version of HTC Sync, I was able to install the Audible beta application on my Aria. Swype will probably be next. Woo hoo!

Justin

No problem man, hope this can also help others. I used it last night with no problems at all. Sideloading FTW
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Hello guys. Im new to the Aria. What is sideloading if you dont mind me asking?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    ROM
    vivo_wwe_2.30.405.1

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Hello guys. Im new to the Aria. What is sideloading if you dont mind me asking?
    Side loading allows you load applications that were not downloaded from the Android Market, such as beta apps like Swype. You would download the application to your PC and then using the USB cable and the Android SDK you can install the application on your phone.

With the version of HTC Sync that is being discussed on this thread, the Sync interface allows you to install the application on the phone without using the SDK.

Regards,

Tom

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

i am also new to this.....it says my phone wasn't ready or didn't respond when i did this....how do i fix that?

If anyone want the old version of Sync that allows sideloading PM your e-mail and I can send you a zip. Might take a few days since I'm not always on the forum, but I do check up here pretty regularly.

Also, you can sideload over wifi if you take your SIM out and store to the SD card

Can you install live wallpapers using this method without being rooted?

Red face Sideloading

OK, I got HTC Sync and it does allow for installing third-party apps. Now a question. How do I uninstall an app if necessary. Also, the Swype beta. I installed it but it doesn't seem to work on my Aria. Is it expired or not compatible with this phone?

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtous Affinity

Default Re: HTC Sync update REALLY DOES allow sideloading --BETTER HURRY THOUGH

Wow another Crackberry face. Welcome to the world of Android!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
    iPhone 3G > BB Storm 1 > Incredible > Incredible 2