Hello Everyone. Trying to be New to Android! From BlackBerry to Aria SOON

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well Well. Im a LONG Time BlackBerry Hardcore user. Ive dont so much hustling with BlackBerrys I can probably own my own BB company. Ive learned everything down to a T for what can be done with them. Ive had over 15 of them in a 3 year span. That just goes to show that my addiciton to smartphones and electronics in general is extreme! I recently had a Bold 9650 that I bought and used it for 1 day. Then I went ahead and traded it to a friend on CrackBerry for an Archos 5 and a PSP system with 6 games. Once I started using the Acrhos with Android on it, I immediatly fell in LOVE. I got so adapted to the way the Android OS is that I am totally all for it now. I am now in the process of switching addictions from the BlackBerry to Android.

I wanted to first post in this thread specifically to learn more about the Aria. I really want to get the Aria badly, and I just got into an AT&T Contract for 2 months so far with the BlackBerry Bold 9700. The phones practically down mastered to a T now. And I have 2 of them now at that. I have the Bold Im trying to sell in order to get the Aria. I want the little touchscreen device BADLY! Can you guys give me any great pointers on it and whats extremely fun on it to use?

It looks like soon, this will be my new everyday forum to learn stuff and eventually, help others. Any main aspects I need to know and learn? When this Bold gets sold Im gonna try to get an Aria on Ebay. Thank you all for any help that you give me! I cant wait until I actually get this Device. I have the Archos for now :)

djameson

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey, this is my first post on android central, and I have also been a heavy bb user for the past 3 years. I got my aria about a week ago and I dont see myself going back to bb anytime soon :p (coming from a bold 9000 most recently) The sense UI is awesome and takes customization to another level. You'll definitely love the interface and the SPEED (no lag) and its just a really good transition from blackberry

aliendroid

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey welcome. I was also a heavy BB user. Had been using BB's since around 2 and 1/2 years ago. I really wanted a change and I didnt really like the iPhone because it just feels to much like my iTouch plus its no very customizable. I played with some android phones and really liked the UI and the OS. So last saturday I bought my HTC Aria and I have fallen in love. It is the perfect size (dont like how big the Evo is), and its way faster than the BB and there is just a lot you can do with it. So far I love it, I dont think you will be disappointed if you buy it.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys for the quick responses. I took the punge today and got the Aria. Man, Ill tell you this. This little device hands down almost makes me forget about BlackBerrys in general lol. I love it to death and Im just getting adapted to it and the way everything works on it. Customizing it to a tee! I need to learn and read up on it more so I can have better knowledge of the device. Although I pretty much got the Bold sold, I already have another Bold 9700 pretty much new. Im not sure if Im gonna let go of that baby. I do say that was the best BlackBerry I have ever used.....Oh, not to mention the touch screen Storm 2 I still have :X. hahah, All going for sale now that I got this little puppy.

Any useful information I should know first? Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Aria fold. I think once you get use to the Aria's keyboard, you will not miss your BB. I came from a Samsung Jack with a front facing keyboard, too and I don't miss it one bit.

The speaker could be louder in all aspects (ring tones, notifications and speaker phone), but other than that I don't regret my decision.

Regards,

Tom

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Aria fold. I think once you get use to the Aria's keyboard, you will not miss your BB. I came from a Samsung Jack with a front facing keyboard, too and I don't miss it one bit.

The speaker could be louder in all aspects (ring tones, notifications and speaker phone), but other than that I don't regret my decision.

Regards,

Tom

I see we are all Android Nanites! hahah. yeah I agree with you. The speaker can be pumped up a lot better on this. But I will say the UI of the device is extremely accurate and swift. I love it to death. Thank you for the Welcome!

miki7

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the android ways too, just in from Blackberry-9700. I had a hard time with the keyboard at first, but breezing along fairly well with it now. And totally agree, the speakers and volume definitely needs some beefing up...but, I just know I have to keep a closer ear out for it, and so far, haven't missed too many. I've just downloaded my first app today...:D

mcflyguy26

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine a week and a half ago and love it as well :p It's also my first android phone and first smartphone as well. You guys should try out ADW.launcher if you want to fully customize every aspect of the interface. The only downside is you lose that awesome time/weather widget. I keep going back and forth between it and Sense.

Jenn

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
After switching from BB to Android there are a few things minor things that I miss about my old Blackberry 8330.
- Customizing the number of times ringers vibrate per notification.
- The supply of blackberry accessories, I know that will change soon.
- BB messenger - you just gave us a fix for that
I know I can probably find an app in the market to cover other items I have been missing. The transition of my contacts and calendar was easy since I used the BB desktop and had everything synced with Outlook. HTC sync uses the same interface so it took just a few minutes to transfer. I'm enjoying every moment of my new android world.

Busta-B

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my first android device and I come from using a BlackBerry Tour & Storm so I was thinking this would not be a smooth transition but I quickly fell in love with my little Aria. I love everything about the device which was surprising to me due to my first interaction with the android platform was the HTC Hero which I hated. only thing I'm missing is BBM... other than that its safe to say I'm probably not going back to Blackberry anytime soon...