1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Help for potential new buyer

I am looking into getting the Aria since I can get get one for free for a little while. I currently own a Blackberry but due for an upgrade. A couple of things that I've been reading about in my research is 1) problems with a low ringtone volume, making it hard to hear the phone ring if your not near it or it's in a holster type. And 2) very poor battery life. Has any of you had similar experiences with the phone and been able to fix the problem either with turning off apps or by rooting? I've seen stronger (MHz wise) batteries on ebay and wondering if they're legit or not. If you've previously owned a Blackberry I would appreciate your input as well as to what you like about this phone versus the BB.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

I'm not sure about the ringtone volume, as I usually leave it on vibrate. You might want to go into the store and see how loud you think it is (and try to get some startled looks from fellow customers).

As for battery life, you will definitely see a drop in battery life from your blackberry. I had a Curve before my Aria, and I could get through days without charging (although I didn't use data...heavy texting though). On an average day, I can make it through the day without plugging it in, and just let it charge at night. It might vary for you, but if you are worried, grab a car charger or an extra battery (I can make it home with 50% remaining if I charge it while I'm driving). It all really depends on your usage or needs.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Thanks Is377 for your reply, it helps getting a former BB user's opinion. If I may ask have you seen anything that you can't do on the Aria that you could on your old blackberry. I'm just afraid that once I commit to the new contract that there will something missing on the android that the BB used to be able to do.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Mine was rather old, so I'm not the best example, but the Aria does everything my Curve did and so much more. If it worries you, I'd put together a list of what you cannot live without (that isn't basic functions), and either look around or post it here and get some feedback. I doubt you'll find something, but its worth it to check.