Android Central Newbie!

ediddy406

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got confirmation via ATT that my HTC Aria has shipped. im in upgrade group 4A in the Alltel to ATT Transition, thankfully this day has come. I have a couple questions as i am new here.

1. Where can i get the detailed instructions on how to give my Aria Andrioid 2.2 (froyo) as i believe it will come with Android 2.1
2. With this Froyo update can i add third party apps (i.e. Swype)
3. A friend told me there is a program, much like iPhones Blackra1n for the Aria that can do this so could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thank you anyone and everyone and hope to be active on here in the near future upon my Droid arrival!!!

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got confirmation via ATT that my HTC Aria has shipped. im in upgrade group 4A in the Alltel to ATT Transition, thankfully this day has come. I have a couple questions as i am new here.

1. Where can i get the detailed instructions on how to give my Aria Andrioid 2.2 (froyo) as i believe it will come with Android 2.1
2. With this Froyo update can i add third party apps (i.e. Swype)
3. A friend told me there is a program, much like iPhones Blackra1n for the Aria that can do this so could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thank you anyone and everyone and hope to be active on here in the near future upon my Droid arrival!!!

Welcome to the forums!

1. The only way currently is by rooting and installing a custom ROM. If you are unfamiliar with what that is, check out the "Rooting" tab at the top, and read up.

2 and 3. Not with the official update (whenever it comes), but you can use this: Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

Reactions: ediddy406