I can't figure out how to root.

cgordon74

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my Aria using the new AlpharevX, but I can't figure out what to do after that. Are there detailed instructions anywhere? I am new to the whole rooting thing.

Thanks

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to root my Aria using the new AlpharevX, but I can't figure out what to do after that. Are there detailed instructions anywhere? I am new to the whole rooting thing.

Thanks

OK, once again, the AlphaRevX software does not 'root' your phone or ROM. It simply turns HBOOT security off (S-OFF) so that you can modify the phone's files. Part of the process will involve installing a custom recovery module so you can install zip files such as custom, rooted ROMs or root your existing ROM.

OK, here are some very detailed instructions. In your case since you already have Froyo 2.2.2 installed, you can start at step 3 & 4 Install HTC Sync so you have the appropriate drivers) of the first section, skip steps 5 & 6 and then pick back up at step 7 and follow through to step 12a.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14873545&postcount=97

Also a word of advice since you have posted the same question on 3 different forums. If you don't understand the answers and links that were posted to your question, it's OK to ask for more details or information on those threads, you don't need to start new ones. Everyone has to start somewhere, but to ignore or not respond to answers on your posts and start new threads is completely disrespectful to those that are taking the time to try and help.

Last edited:

cgordon74

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, once again, the AlphaRevX software does not 'root' your phone or ROM. It simply turns HBOOT security off (S-OFF) so that you can modify the phone's files. Part of the process will involve installing a custom recovery module so you can install zip files such as custom, rooted ROMs or root your existing ROM.

OK, here are some very detailed instructions. In your case since you already have Froyo 2.2.2 installed, you can start at step 3 & 4 Install HTC Sync so you have the appropriate drivers) of the first section, skip steps 5 & 6 and then pick back up at step 7 and follow through to step 12a.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATE: 6/18/2011] AlpharevX **OPEN BETA** for Liberty Hboot 1.02

Also a word of advice since you have posted the same question on 3 different forums. If you don't understand the answers and links that were posted to your question, it's OK to ask for more details or information on those threads, you don't need to start new ones. Everyone has to start somewhere, but to ignore or not respond to answers on your posts and start new threads is completely disrespectful to those that are taking the time to try and help.
Thanks for the help, sorry about asking the same questions on 2 separate forms, just want to see what different people have to say about this. I am learning the Android lingo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital