Running VERY Slow Factory Reset Doesn't Help!

1000notes

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
Yesterday my phone began running incredibly slow, everything lagging like crazy. I factory reset it, set all apps back up, it worked fine. Until today. It started doing it again, so I factory reset again. This time, it was running slow immediately from the startup all the way through the finish. I tried doing the software factory reset and by doing a hard reset, neither way fixes it. It is practically unusable now. Can anybody help me??

Edit: just tried safe mode, no luck, same performance.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the silly question, but I just want to make sure -- you have the Bolt, and not the older Thunderbolt, right?

Assuming you have the Bolt, do you have an SD card inserted? Try unmounting and removing it, then reboot again.

1000notes

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Not a silly question at all, yes it is the Bolt, the 2PYB2.

I did try removing the SD card and rebooting after I'd posted this (I actually factory reset it again without waiting to reboot), and it actually worked... for a little bit. It's back to doing the same thing again, including in safe mode. As I was typing this though, while still in safe mode, the performance came back. There had been off and on lag after removing the SD card but it was intermittent, this issue had been going on for the past 30 minutes. Hopefully it's related to the phone still needing to download and install everything again.

I'm going to keep an eye on it and give it a couple of days, if it appears good I'll update the original post.

Thanks for your response. Your suggestion may turn out to have been the solution to this issue, I hope it does.

Iam Legend

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same problem, on two different HTC bolts, I am on my second one, did it start occurring like two weeks into you owning it? Sometimes it turns off and on also on its own, not the whole phone but the screen.

rolo511

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi y'all
Having the same problem as well. Started about 5 days ago off and on and now it's gotten worse to where it's lagging all the time now. Very annoying. I'm on my second Bolt as well. My first one would just start rebooting on it's own. Started doing that about a week after I bought it. I think it was four days after it started doing that when it just wouldn't start up anymore. Took it back to Sprint and they couldn't figure out what was wrong so they gave a new one which is my current one. That was like a month ago and now having this lagging problem which is really annoying.

Mullimeister904

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
hey guys. I have had the HTC Bolt for about two months now and I was not able to unlock the screen (black screen) with fingerprint (including sleep mode). My phone was also running extremely slow. I'm not sure but I think there is a bug with the fingerprint software. I disabled fingerprint and it works a lot better now. Not perfect but better. This phone needs some updates to get it back on track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781