App Permissions

oldsauce

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Hey how's it going? Well, I hope. While looking through the app permissions on my Bolt, I scrolled down at the very bottom and took note to the "additional permissions" area. There are three options: car info, read instant messages, and write instant messages. All of which have 0 of 0 apps allowed. Not until I select "show system" does it bring up 1 option each within the read and write instant messages. That option is "Google Services Framework". Anyone want to offer any insight on what this does for me, as well as why it would need permission to read, and write instant messages? Thanks! And be EZ.
-Sauce

oldsauce

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Don't mess with Google Services Framework -- it's an important system app. Here's a description in an article that was more related to people trying to force an OTA by clearing data from Framework: Google engineer explains why you shouldn’t clear Google Services Framework data | TalkAndroid.com
I appreciate the insight mate. But I wasnt planning on doing anything with it. It's not enabled by default. By enabling it for read and write instant messages, what would be happening there; do you know?