Have a better HTC Status, simply read this request

astro11

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
HTC ChaCha and HTC Status users,

I'm here today to say that all of you have a great phone. You bought what should be the best android smartphone with a physic keyboard blackberry-like/candybar available in the market. This is, indeed, a nice piece of technology.

Unfortunately there are a few things that make this great phone something less than it is.

Bugs and problems like:

- only 150mb internal space (which make impossible to install a good amount of apps).
- impossibility to root without using a external hardware that costs $50.
- impossibility to make overclock and make your ChaCha faster.
- ridiculous battery life. The dialer sucking all the battery alone.
- blue exclamation icon problem.
- widgets problems.
- bloatware from carriers.
- and a lot more...

All of them are being discussed. All these problems and a lot more are about to be totally solved once when the independent developers find a way of porting cyanogenmod ROM to our ChaCha. That's why my request is only one: come to xda-developers forum and post in the general section so the developers can see that they are doing something for more than 10 people. The lack of interested people is a downside and drive away the developers. If we reunite and show that we are willing to cheer them up, we can have great things on our smartphone.

I'm counting with you.

adlx and xdbg are two developers that are already creating a custom CyanogenMod to HTC ChaCha. You can even download and try the ROM by yourself! Please, again, I ask you to join the forum and cheer them up, so the development can continue.

Link for the forum thread and download links: [ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha. - xda-developers

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Are there any developers working towards a Sense ROM for the ChaCha? Honestly, I love my ChaCha as it already is. Just not happy about the 150 MB internal storage. So, I'm planning to buy a 32 GB memory card for it, unlock the bootloader, root it, and get link2SD on it.

If HTC gave it 1 GB of internal storage, I wouldn't have any problems. I wouldn't mess with rooting or unlocking the bootloader or anything like that at all. Heck, I wouldn't even be using my Sensation XE to type this and post around on forums; I'd be using the ChaCha. It's the best QWERTY phone I've ever used and if it weren't for the internal stoage, I would be ecstatic about it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463