ChaCha A810a vs A810e
10-14-2012 06:51 AM
- I purchased an unlocked AT&T HTC Status for international use (my Droid 4 won't roam in the UK). The Status performed admirably with the keyboard in particular impressing me - but I was frustrated that I was only getting EDGE coverage on any of the UK networks I tried (O2, Vodafone UK, and TMobile UK). I discovered that the 3G frequency bands they use (900/2100) aren't supported in the AT&T version.
I am having a really hard time finding the correct specs, but I think the AT&T Status is the ChaCha A810a, and if I get the A810e that should support the European bands. I don't need this phone for use in the US. Am I safe ordering up an A810e and expecting it to work as 3G in the UK? Looks like $130 new on Amazon will get me that phone. Any info appreciated. Thanks.
- cheapo04-01-2012 03:31 PM
- Not that it looks like anybody had any interest, but the A810e did turn out to be the international version and it worked much better in the UK than the Status. Unfortunately, almost every A810e listing on Amazon are actually incorrectly listed items. I ordered multiple and they were all A810a Status phones. I ended up paying almost twice as much for one that was actually an A810e (from a Singapore carrier). Buyer beware!04-25-2012 10:02 AM
- you just saved me ..... i was goin to buy the A810a as i found it cheaper but i saw that the A810e is the international verison and as i live in Egypt the 3g wont work here just like uk and i looked i found 2 A810e they r a lil expensive than A810a by 20 $ but after what u said that the items are incorrectly listen u made me worried as i found those two fones htc chacha like 100 $ cheaper than in egypt im worried that i after buying it and it arrive to me in egypt i found its the status not the chacha09-21-2012 01:14 AM
- Even if it is listed as an A810e - definitely make sure you get a ChaCha and not a Status! I found many supposedly A810e phones that were actually A810a Status. For Egypt, I would ask the seller to verify that the phone does not say AT&T on the front - then you should be safe.09-26-2012 12:22 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- HTC ChaCha
ChaCha A810a vs A810e
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD