310: can't here phone conversations

RealOldNickj

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I realise this is a 510 forum, but there is no 310 forum AFAICS.

My HTC has suddenly decided not to let me hear phone conversations, in or out, or in fact the ringing tone when I make a call. This applies to both VOIP and native mobile calls.

I hear the ringing when somebody calls me, but when I answer there is just silence. I can surf the web using onloy my 3G connection and not a server, so I am not overdue or anything.

I have checked Audio Profiles, but that seems OK and AFAIK that is for ringing tones, rather than voice conversations. The volume control shows a little phone handpiece, and full volume. If I hold the power button, I am not in aeroplane mode, and the speaker is not muted.

I did think that the speaker was a bit quiet the other day when I was making a call. If this some amp failre etc, I have never heard of anything like it.

I have just realised that I can hear conversations if I opt for Speaker mode while in the call.

Is there any other setting I should check, or do I just have a dud output on non-hands free mode (phone held to ear and no speaker)
\
Thanks for any help

Nick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you can hear the caller on Speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headsets, then I would guess the phone's earpiece speaker is faulty.

RealOldNickj

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Ah well....bin time. I am only hanging on to it because my other phone is being used as an internet server with an external aerial. This 310 is a pretty horrible device anyway.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair