Why can't I transfer apps to my 32 gb sd card?

Melissa Mcclure

May 9, 2015
Visit site
why can't i transfer apps to my 32 gb sd card?

I can't download games, books etc...I have to disable all my preloaded apps, delete other apps and ten go and try to move apps to the sd card before eve attempting ro start a new download. It is driving me crazy especially when I thought an sd card was gonna be a good investment.

Corey Dorsey

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: why can't i transfer apps to my 32 gb sd card?

Hello Melissa and welcome to the forums,

I know this is frustrating, but unfortunately this is a limitation with this phone. There is not a lot of space left over after they use it for HTC, Google, and carrier apps, and you can only move but so much of the app to your sdcard. If you are interested in modifying/rooting your phone you can totally move a lot of your apps to your sdcard by using Link2SD, if you are not interested in modifying there is no solution.

Lydia Parr

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

I have much the same issues with my card. When I called HTC they told me to leave the installed card in its slot, and could put an added SD card in. I tried this but it still doesn't allow download to new sd card, even though the storage info says there are 28 Gs of storage available. This is a SDHc card, does that change things. I formatted it before inserting. Also tried to put in a 4G card to use, but it does the same. Am I going to have to tank this phone? Thank you.

Corey Dorsey

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

Hello Lydia Parr,

As I was telling Melissa, only part of an app can be moved to the sdcard. The rest of it will always be on your phone storage. If this is a major concern for you and you don't plan on modifying your phone, you may have to get another one if that is possible.

The fact that the card is SDHC does not matter. That pretty much just means that the maximum capacity of one of those cards is 32GB. There are other specifications for SDHC cards but that is not the problem. This phone, for some reason, just does not have a lot of empty space on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs