HTC Desire 510 is not charging

Matthew Owens

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, new to the forums. I woke up recently and plugged up my phone to charge it and it won't hold the charge. I've tried cleaning the contacts, factory resetting, unmounting the SD card, and cleaning the battery contacts. I've checked the usb port and it looks fine, but even when I connect it to the computer it's not giving me the mount as disk drive options etc. Please help, I don't know what else the issue could be.:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it won't hold the charge, do you mean it charges up, but then discharges very quickly? Or it doesn't even charge up at all?

The possibilities include a failing battery, a faulty charge port, or a faulty cable. Things you can do include trying a different cable/wall charger plug or a different battery. If that doesn't work, then you might have to bring it to a repair shop to see if the charging port needs to be replaced.

Matthew Owens

May 20, 2015
Visit site
That's what I planned on doing. I've tried my fiance's cable and my own and they yield the same results. The funny thing is, the phone will charge when it's powered down, but when I turn it on, it will detect that it's charging for a second and then it'll just stop.

Contentedness

May 24, 2015
Visit site
It does for me! Htc Desire 510 It's bother rooted and the bootloader is unlocked, i've factory reset it 3 months ago and re rooted it when i couldn't disable the host mode the first time, and it's back again now how can i disable host mode? HELP!

Corey Dorsey

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
It may seem weird, but I had the USB host mode problem and something I found in another thread worked:

1. Turn the phone off
2. Let it charge for at least 10 minutes even if it doesn't look like it's charging
3. Press and hold POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN buttons for at least 2 minutes. Anything less will not reset the charge mode.
4. After 2 minutes release the buttons and the phone should boot as normal

I didn't think this was going to work, but it did for me. I replaced my charging cable and I have yet to see this error again.

Benecya Jackson

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
It may seem weird, but I had the USB host mode problem and something I found in another thread worked:

1. Turn the phone off
2. Let it charge for at least 10 minutes even if it doesn't look like it's charging
3. Press and hold POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN buttons for at least 2 minutes. Anything less will not reset the charge mode.
4. After 2 minutes release the buttons and the phone should boot as normal

I didn't think this was going to work, but it did for me. I replaced my charging cable and I have yet to see this error again.

I'm hyper literal, am I supposed to hold the buttons with the charger still attached to the phone or is the ten minute charge sufficient

herbert101

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
after doing this my phone has stopped charging completely. I'm on the verge of throwing it out the window . need help!!! Tried rebooting , i've wiped the cached partition and everything. already factory reset it last month. think its time to get a new phone!!!!

JMster

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
My HTC Desire 510 suddenly stopped charging. The port is clean. The cables are all good. I even bought a new battery. It still will not charge. I now cannot even access the phone to change settings because of this. I tried holding the power and volume buttons down for 2 minutes and got nothing. It is plugged in and will only charge to 1% and then it goes back down to 0% right away. I really need to get into my phone. This is devastating. Does anyone know if I have options? The sprint store just told me to order a new batter (which I did). Before this happened the battery held a charge great. It never gave me an issue and didn't even drain fast. This literally happened overnight with no warning. Please help me!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you try charging the new battery for? If the battery was pretty low to begin with, you might have to keep it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 4-6 hours before trying to turn the phone on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908