HTC Desire 610 with LTE available on AT&T later this month for $199

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC Desire 610 with LTE available on AT&T later this month for $199

As for specifications, owners will be able to enjoy a 4.7-inch qHD display with a pixel density of 234 ppi, 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, microSD expandability up to 128 GB, 8 MP camera, 1.3 MP front shooter, LTE, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and a 2,040 mAh battery. As touched on above, the device will launch on AT&T on July 25. Looking forward to the HTC Desire 610?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that's a great deal. Now there are other options among the Moto G at that price point.

The Desire 610 probably has a better camera than the Moto G. That would probably tip the scales in HTC's favor. Plus it's in a retail store AND it's $20 cheaper than the Moto G 4G LTE.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The Desire 610 probably has a better camera than the Moto G. That would probably tip the scales in HTC's favor. Plus it's in a retail store AND it's $20 cheaper than the Moto G 4G LTE.

The Moto G I think is more likely to get software updates.

G Muller

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK and have had a 610 for over a month now and I think it's a great device. I did some research and was a little unsettled to hear that the critics are saying it's a bottom of the range phone. In comparison to my last mobile (Samsung Galaxy Ace) this is heads and shoulders above that and I believe the critics are being too harsh. I mean really, it has a quad core running at 1.2GHz for goodness sake. I own the LTE device but believe that some models may not have this. In a 4G area I successfully downloaded a 90mb game in under 20 seconds and when connected to a friends WiFi downloaded a meaty 250mb game in less than 10 and that includes installing. I have nearly filled the 8GB of on board memory even though I shifted all I can onto my 32GB card, may have to go all out on a 128GB card. Finding my way round has been a doddle and although the stereo BoomSound speakers aren't as loud as I'd hoped but they don't distort at high volume the same as other phones do.
HTC Desire 610 - YouTube
I'm sure there will be lots for me to discover about this mobile and look forward to hearing other peoples experiences.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you happy with display quality?What about camera?
We have them today in ATT store I be checking it out later

iParzival

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Picked one up Friday night, agree with G.Muller, this device is getting a bad rap. Performance is reasonable, camera and battery life respectable and the display (while middling) isn't nearly as bad as I've read. For $200 it's damn nice, not even an excessive amount of ATT bloatware. It's not a category killer but it's also not $650. This phone will find an audience.

iParzival

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Follow up, batter life is really good, shockingly so. Screen has marginal viewing angles but not unusable. Performance is fine , have not run into any serious issues or stuttering, app switching is smooth. Sense 6 feels very responsive, although I don't use Blinkfeed as I'm not heavy into social apps so your mileage my vary. Overall pleased and I'll hand on to it, cannot beat the price. I'd also say this is the final nail for me and Cnet reviews, they've always been sketchy but their words around this phone were just dishonest.

beanboy89

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I played with one at an AT&T store today. Seems like a decent device. They had the 610 on display next to an M8, and looking at the two side-by-side, you can really tell a difference in the quality of the screen. At 4.7", I think HTC should've made the screen at least 720p, but qHD isn't that bad. Aside from the screen, Sense 6's performance seemed really snappy. If I didn't already have a ton of other phones to play around with, I'd definitely try to pick up a Desire 610.

G Muller

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I find the screen more than adequate and to be honest the bezel means I don't accidentally tap the screen. My only issue is that I have a habit when playing games to open Google Now. Developers could do with disabling this when in game. Benchmarking the device sites that it can handle most things and whilst not to of the range it had satisfied my needs so far. Have even utilised NFC to do more than file transfers and also installed Commandr for Google Now which is fun if a little fiddly at first. If you've never had a high end device then you won't have a problem and critics should remember this rather than coming across as snobby.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar