I had several huge problems with my new, only 6 days old, HTC Desire 626s. Can I please get some help?

A

AC Question

I had several huge problems with my new, only 6 days old, hTC Desire 626s.

Problem #1: On the 6th day of my new phone's life the battery was losing it's charge super fast. And, this is "while the phone was charging". When I initially plugged in the phone to begin the charging process, it had about 73% battery life remaining. After 3 hours, the battery life remaining was only 56%. That means I lost 17% of battery life "while" it was charging. When I called MetroPCS I was on hold for quite a while. While holding I watched the life of the battery drain even faster. I was down to 6% when a customer service rep came on the line. I talked really fast to him since this was my only communication with the outside world. I had moved a few days prior, so I didn't have a landline and I didn't have a computer (it had broken.) By the time the rep gave his scripted greeting I was down to 2%. I voiced my desperation and he transferred me. Shortly after, I heard a dial tone. I was leaving the next morning for an out of state trip. And now, I had no phone for the long drive.

Problem #2: My phone rang at 7:00 am one morning. I said, "Hello" and there was no answer. The caller ID indicated that my sister called. so I immediately returned the call thinking something was wrong since it was so early in the day. She did "not" call me. Not only that, but it was obvious that I woke her up. No one else was at her house to even "accidently" make this call.

Problem #3: I also was not receiving all of my incoming calls nor was I receiving all of my texts at times. When I arrived at my destination, I went to a local MetroPCS and told him I needed my old phone re-activated. He did help to do that. However, he also told me that MetroPCS would not refund me a credit. Has anyone reading this had battery problems with this phone? Any problems with non-existent incoming calls or business associates and friends asking you why you didn't return their calls? Looking forward to some help from you wonderful geeks. Many thanks.

neodk

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I picked up an HTC Desire 626s. So far in my short time with it I have not had a single issue as you have described above. I would venture to say that either there is an issue with your specific device or there is more going on with the equipment that we aren't being told.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: I had several huge problems with my new, only 6 days old, hTC Desire 626s.

No problem with mine either.
It sounds to me like a defective unit..

Kylette wilkinson

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: I had several huge problems with my new, only 6 days old, hTC Desire 626s.

Problem #1: On the 6th day of my new phone's life the battery was losing it's charge super fast. And, this is "while the phone was charging". When I initially plugged in the phone to begin the charging process, it had about 73% battery life remaining. After 3 hours, the battery life remaining was only 56%. That means I lost 17% of battery life "while" it was charging. When I called MetroPCS I was on hold for quite a while. While holding I watched the life of the battery drain even faster. I was down to 6% when a customer service rep came on the line. I talked really fast to him since this was my only communication with the outside world. I had moved a few days prior, so I didn't have a landline and I didn't have a computer (it had broken.) By the time the rep gave his scripted greeting I was down to 2%. I voiced my desperation and he transferred me. Shortly after, I heard a dial tone. I was leaving the next morning for an out of state trip. And now, I had no phone for the long drive.

Problem #2: My phone rang at 7:00 am one morning. I said, "Hello" and there was no answer. The caller ID indicated that my sister called. so I immediately returned the call thinking something was wrong since it was so early in the day. She did "not" call me. Not only that, but it was obvious that I woke her up. No one else was at her house to even "accidently" make this call.

Problem #3: I also was not receiving all of my incoming calls nor was I receiving all of my texts at times. When I arrived at my destination, I went to a local MetroPCS and told him I needed my old phone re-activated. He did help to do that. However, he also told me that MetroPCS would not refund me a credit. Has anyone reading this had battery problems with this phone? Any problems with non-existent incoming calls or business associates and friends asking you why you didn't return their calls? Looking forward to some help from you wonderful geeks. Many thanks.

Kylette wilkinson

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I also have the same problem my phone was 5 days old it started making a horrible loud noise for about 20 seconds and then it shut off I plugged it in for a while and still nothing happened I took it into the cricket store to exchange it they hooked it up to a charger and still nothing happens then as they're putting it back into the box it suddenly comes on I wanted to still exchange it not knowing what the problem was but the manager wouldn't let me and told me to take it home and if I had any other problems I could bring it back again it was okay for the first day then after that the same thing it needed charging more often more often then I started getting messages saying that the battery had suffered critical damage so now I'm taking it back into the store again I don't know if this is a common problem but if it is they should be posting something somewhere about what to do.

Brittany Bradley

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to Metro in an hour to exchange, or maybe just upgrade...this is my 2nd HTC Desire 626s from Metro, and although the first one was stolen after a week, during that first 3-4 days I did have random restart issues, and I always sent the error report to HTC.

3 weeks after the theft, I replaced my phone with ANOTHER Lava/Gray one and I've had it for 2 weeks and the entire time its done the long loud beep for 20 seconds then restart-several times a day! This morning though brought me to my peak when I woke up, took it off the charger @100%, turned it on, checked my gmail, started Boom Beach and then NADA.

Black screen since 6:30 this morning...won't show me its charging, hard reset didn't work..NADA. Very sad :'(, cuz HTC makes some awesome phones, but I guess only for awesome carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers