Wifi doesn't work properly in my HTC Desire 626g

holographic

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey there!

I still don't know how to fix this, and it's been happening since I upgraded to android. 4.4.2.

Basically, if I leave my phone unattended for around 15 minutes and go back to it, the wifi icon will be there like everything is working properly but the phone wouldn't connect to the internet, apps like instagram won't load pictures, etc. The internet is not working even thou the wifi icon is on and shows that wifi is there. The only way I've been using to solve this annoying problem is switching on and off the Airplane mode and then the wifi will get back to normal.

Any help to solve this?
I'm getting quite tired of it.

Thanks very much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and look for any kind of "wi-fi optimization" option, and turn it off. Wi-fi optimization is for battery saving, not to improve wi-fi performance.

Also, check to see if your carrier has some kind of network optimizer app. If so, try turning it off. I think Sprint has one that tends to mess things up sometimes.

If there are any power-saving modes turned on, try turning them off.

pdudis

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem until I received an OTA software update from HTC on Monday, November 2nd . The update's build number is 1.04.401.4. After applying this update my phone (a HTC Desire 626g+ Dual Sim model) has no issues with losing wifi any more.