Can I view my phone on my smart TV?

A

AC Question

Can i view my phone on my smart TV?

I have an Htc desire 626s, trying to watch it on my vizio smart tv, but it isn't working. Tried hdmi micro usb, and regular usb, nothing, it won't show up on the screen. What am i doing wrong?

N_evermore

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can i view my phone on my smart TV?

Hello. The HTC 626S does not support an MHL cable, which is what you would normally use. The MHL cable is self powered to not draw a charge from the tv usb port while sending a signal, hence a direct usb or hdmi cable will not work.

You can use a Chromecast device. The first and second generation are inexpensive, though I recently purchased a first generation and was disappointed with their limited functionality, imv.

I'm considering a galaxy s4 over the htc desire, does the galaxy series support this with the hdmi cable?

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm considering a galaxy s4 over the htc desire, does the galaxy series support this with the hdmi cable?
The galaxy S4 supports screen mirroring to smart tv's and peripherals. This means with an enabled receiving device you don't even need a cable. It's a type of direct WiFi that doesn't require the devices to share any other connection.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

BTW : If you had difficulty finding this thread, moved to this HTC forum, I would appreciate your feedback. (wasn't me :D)
I'd guess that in the ask a question area it's a mistake for mods to move questions to other areas. You're dealing with a new person who hasn't even created a user name and throwing them a curveball.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the idea of non user questions as they can't respond to further questions anyway. It's hard to help them and they can't even say thanks.

Brunoarr

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I use Sunshine app to watch videos and pictures on the TV. It also allows to connect your PC to the TV wireless through your phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon