How do I turn off system update alerts?

A

AC Question

re: turning off sys updates alerts

I have a HTC Desire 626s. How do I turn off the system update alert bar without saying yes (go ahead do the update)? The alert bar just sits there and the sideways swipe doesn't work.

Steve

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: turning off sys updates alerts

The post above was posted by me "reble". I was having logon problems before.

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If there are no system settings that let you turn off system update notifications, you might have to root the phone and disable the updating service. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a novice.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy. I am not a complete novice. I have an AA degree in electronics, 2 way radio, tv, vcr's and (Windows and MSDOS) computer repair. I am still learning about Android. The phone is rooted. Were do I look for the "system update notifications turn off?

If there are no system settings that let you turn off system update notifications, you might have to root the phone and disable the updating service. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a novice.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I copied all the info at Disable OTA Notifications on Android Devices with or without Root to a rtf file and I will work on it after I get some sleep. I also found in my search about Bloatware Apps. I know of them but until now I didn't know how to get rid of them.

I searched for steps specific to the Desire 626s, and couldn't find anything. You could try the steps described here, but I'm not sure how universal they are: Disable OTA Notifications on Android Devices with or without Root

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC