a problem with the boost mobile sys update

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
For a while I have been un-successfully trying to stop the system upgrade from popping up. I finely sead the heck with it and started the sys upgrade. And now the sys upgrade is caught in a loop if I let it run. The list of screen capture pictures are in order from start to end. I can stop the loop for a while but it will start again. I was on an important call and the sys upgrade loop started and made the call drop. Every time the loop starts the #2 screen capture picture is what pops up. I can stop the loop by hitting the home icon at the bottom. But the 1st screen capture picture stays in the pull down menu from the top. I don't know how to fix this short of a hard reset, re-root the phone and reinstall everything.

Steve

Attachments

• 1sys update Screenshot.jpg
    1sys update Screenshot.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2sys update popup.jpg
    2sys update popup.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3sys update unzip.jpg
    3sys update unzip.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1
  • 4sys update error.jpg
    4sys update error.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 5sys update crash.jpg
    5sys update crash.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 6sys update report.jpg
    6sys update report.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1
  • sys uptate report1.jpg
    sys uptate report1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
For a while I have been un-successfully trying to stop the system upgrade from popping up. I finely sead the heck with it and started the sys upgrade. And now the sys upgrade is caught in a loop if I let it run. The list of screen capture pictures are in order from start to end. I can stop the loop for a while but it will start again. I was on an important call and the sys upgrade loop started and made the call drop. Every time the loop starts the #2 screen capture picture is what pops up. I can stop the loop by hitting the home icon at the bottom. But the 1st screen capture picture stays in the pull down menu from the top. I don't know how to fix this short of a hard reset, re-root the phone and reinstall everything.

Steve

Hi Reble

Try clearing your cache partition and then give the update a go again. Here are the instructions

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28594

PS Don't worry that it's not for AT&T it's still the same instructions to clear the cache partition. Let me know if that works for you

Cheers

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I get to step 12 "Once the screen is black, hold the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release the Power key." The phone is supposed to go into "When the Recovery screen with red and blue text appears, press Volume Down repeatedly until wipe cache partition is highlighted." The phone doesn't go into that mode. The phone boots to regular normal mode. I tried 3 times and it just won't work.

Steve

Hi Reble

Try clearing your cache partition and then give the update a go again. Here are the instructions

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28594

PS Don't worry that it's not for AT&T it's still the same instructions to clear the cache partition. Let me know if that works for you

Cheers

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I get to step 12 "Once the screen is black, hold the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release the Power key." The phone is supposed to go into "When the Recovery screen with red and blue text appears, press Volume Down repeatedly until wipe cache partition is highlighted." The phone doesn't go into that mode. The phone boots to regular normal mode. I tried 3 times and it just won't work.

Steve

You just aren't doing the sequence correctly. Make sure you are very specific about the sequence.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I did step 12, three times just like it says in the instructions. "12. Once the screen is black, hold the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release the Power key." Ether there is something wrong with the phone or the instructions are wrong. Also that web page is for T-mobile phones. I have Boost Mobile. Sometimes cell phone company's like to make small sundial changes sometimes.

You just aren't doing the sequence correctly. Make sure you are very specific about the sequence.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I did step 12, three times just like it says in the instructions. "12. Once the screen is black, hold the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release the Power key." Ether there is something wrong with the phone or the instructions are wrong. Also that web page is for T-mobile phones. I have Boost Mobile. Sometimes cell phone company's like to make small sundial changes sometimes.

Like I stated above. Those instructions are for that model phone, it doesn't make a difference if it's T-Mobile or Boost.
At this point maybe it's best you reach out to Boost for technical support, or take it right into a store

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I finely figured out the problem. 1 this phone is rooted. 2 there is no "boot to recovery mode" to open. That's why the step 12 cmd doesn't work and the phone just boots back to normal mode. I had to download a wipe cache partition app from Google Play to wipe the cache partition. So far the phone is working fine after wiping the cache partition. I guess only time will tell it the phone is fixed.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I finely figured out the problem. 1 this phone is rooted. 2 there is no "boot to recovery mode" to open. That's why the step 12 cmd doesn't work and the phone just boots back to normal mode. I had to download a wipe cache partition app from Google Play to wipe the cache partition. So far the phone is working fine after wiping the cache partition. I guess only time will tell it the phone is fixed.

Good to hear, I wasn't aware your phone was rooted or would have directed you on a different path, I am glad my suggestion worked.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781