How to install an English verison of Android Kitkat on a Chinese Desire 820?

Dregs57

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a HTC Desire 820 from China Mobile and all the apps are in Chinese. I am unable to download any English apps. The Android Market is all in Chinese as well. The phone is set to English but all of the apps are still in Chinese. Please help

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The only way I can think of is to flash a different ROm to the device, but I could not find your device on Cyanogen's website, making the chances for finding a ROM for your device minimal, as many developers base theirs off Cyanogen.

Dregs57

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97, I don't think there are many options right now. I appreciate the help. My backup plan is the buy another phone from the states and unlock it. Do you have any advice for me on this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97, I don't think there are many options right now. I appreciate the help. My backup plan is the buy another phone from the states and unlock it. Do you have any advice for me on this?
Sorry for the delay. As for advice: were you wondering something specific?

Dregs57

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I guess the best question for me to ask would be what is the an equivalent phone I can buy in the states and unlock for use in Shanghai?