Desire 816 help I'm gonna cry

Nick Harshaw

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got the HTC Desire 816 a few days ago and it's mostly ok, but there's a few things that are really bugging me out. I'll keep this short and sweet, and I'll list problems from most to last aggravating.

even though it looks like no one gets help on this website, I guess it's worth a try.

1. NOTIFICATION LIGHT. I know there is a green and an orange one. the orange one is on right now because it's charging. but when I get a message through textra or an email through gmail or a snapchat or any kind of notification neither light up. I've reset everything. I've downloaded third party led apps. I need this fixed.

2. I have a sign in type Wi-Fi at school, and whenever I try to connect to it either the sign in screen can't load or it says I don't have certificates downloaded.

3. how to set up textra on this device?

4. how do I kill blinkfeed dead.

thanks in advance for your time and expertise.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. NOTIFICATION LIGHT. I know there is a green and an orange one. the orange one is on right now because it's charging. but when I get a message through textra or an email through gmail or a snapchat or any kind of notification neither light up. I've reset everything. I've downloaded third party led apps. I need this fixed.
My daughter has one coming in about a week. If that happens, I'm going to have to find a fix, so I'll probably post it here. (It might take root, Xposed Framework and Xposed LED.)

2. I have a sign in type Wi-Fi at school, and whenever I try to connect to it either the sign in screen can't load or it says I don't have certificates downloaded.
Talk to whoever runs the school's system. There are so many ways things like that can be set up that it would take a few large books to cover all the possibilities.

3. how to set up textra on this device?
Install, select as the default SMS device (Default App Manager Lite makes that easy). Any problems? Post what happens that shouldn't or doesn't that should, and I'll try to help. (The notification light probably still won't work even with Textra, until you/I/we find a way to fix that.)

4. how do I kill blinkfeed dead.
That probably needs rooting - it's probably a system app. Try Application manager. Find the app, tap it, look for a "Turn off" button on the top right. If it's grayed out you have to be rooted.

Nick Harshaw

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the help- I'm thinking I'm ultimately going to need to root it, there's just too many flaws. textra is installed and default on my phone, I should've been more specific. textra sometimes doesn't send my messages and doesn't notify me for over a half hour. getting the led thing working would honestly make me overlook the rest of the flaws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty