I just got the EYE! If you have any questions, let me know!

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
can anyone please share the stock AT&T Recovery img? I flashed twrp for root before I took the 1.17 update and now I cant install that OTA. :-(

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the Desire Eye (weird name) this past weekend as my 4th Galaxy S4 was failing and I was out of warranty options. (Loved the features on the S4 but it just kept failing on me, so time to move one.) I was considering the LG G3 and the HTC M8. Would've taken the M8 straightaway but wasn't impressed by the camera. Worried that the G3 would suffer lagging after a bit. Then I noticed the Desire Eye and compared specs and it seemed like a no brainer. Has a nice camera, don't really care about the selfie camera (but I guess it's nice to have) and pretty much all the other specs match the M8, for a little less money.

So far, I'm happy. At first I wasn't sure about the larger size. The S4 seemed large enough, but I guess if you want flagship features, you're going to get a larger phone now. However, the larger size has grown on me. The other thing that gave me pause was the lack of accessories available. I want the Dot View case, but they are non-existent. I've ordered a knock-off from ePrey so I'll see how that works. I did find a nice leather flip case by Mofi on Amazon for $15 shipped, so now I'm covered. :) I had a couple of docks for my S4, so I'd like to find the same for my DE, but haven't seen anything. Battery life seems much better than my S4 so far, so maybe the lack of dock at work won't matter.

This is my first go with HTC. The UI seems zippy, though I still am learning all the in's and out's. I also have to figure out the best way to organize everything. Feature-wise, the DE seems to have everything I want except for IR, which I knew before buying. However, I rarely used the IR except to change channels/turn down TVs in bars and restaurants. So I guess I'll miss that fun.

So I'm happy. I guess this phone will turn out to be an orphan. It doesn't seem to have much buzz surrounding it, which is a shame as I think it compares nicely with other flagship phones. But I don't really modify my phones so I guess I'll be fine with it for the next 12-18 months.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey, sorry for getting back so late. They're great. No noticable difference between the M8 and the eye, except I can now use the Eye in the shower!

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
How did your knock off Dot View case work out? It's disappointing that there are only a few official cases for this phone.

The one I ordered from ePrey never came so I got a refund. Of course now, Amazon has a bunch of them. I just bought one for $13 and it looks just like the HTC ones I've seen for the M8. Functions fine, and for the price, it's a no-brainer for me. I'll probably use the Mofi case a little more often, but this one is cool.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I really like the look of this phone and I think all the spec is good I don't care much about camera but one thing I am worry is this phone may lack of software update.. HTC didn't say anything about this phone will get lollipop or sense 7...

Arjun Ashok

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Does HTC Desire Eye comes with Gorilla glass 3 ??? Corning website mentioned that Desire Eye uses Gorilla Glass but HTC or any other website didnt confirmed it.

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a phone to root and load custom ROMs, you are correct, this is not the right phone. However, I would argue that it is the most balanced and capable android device on the market today. There are no real flaws, and there are a lot of pluses...Screen, sound (both speakers and audio output), cameras (front AND back), battery life, premium feel. I also happen to like HTC Sense a lot, but obviously that's something you have to buy into as well. I also have a Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and an Xperia Z3 Compact. I use the Desire Eye as my daily driver.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a phone to root and load custom ROMs, you are correct, this is not the right phone. However, I would argue that it is the most balanced and capable android device on the market today. There are no real flaws, and there are a lot of pluses...Screen, sound (both speakers and audio output), cameras (front AND back), battery life, premium feel. I also happen to like HTC Sense a lot, but obviously that's something you have to buy into as well. I also have a Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and an Xperia Z3 Compact. I use the Desire Eye as my daily driver.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up grabbing a M8 since there were next to non on Swappa. I couldn't bring myself to pay almost 400 for a used one over there when other ones were selling for 300.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463