Need to Root / S - Off / etc, but have a faulty micro USB connector

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I want to root, S-Off, etc - and install a custom ROM on my HTC Desire HD, however I have a unique challenge in that the micro USB port on my phone is faulty. It will charge if I use a micro USB cable from a WD My Passport, portal hard drive, because for some reason these are a little larger than the standard micro usb cable.

The most recommended method of rooting / etc is to use the - Advanced Ace Hack Kit, however this simply won't work because my phone and computer are unable to communicate. Knowing this I have also tried the method in this thread. However whenever I attempt to use the Visionary+ tool, I get stuck at the "Temproot" screen, the screen comes up momentarily with the app developers twitter handle, and then moments after goes completely black (with the exception of the "top curtain"), and it stays this way indefinitely. Basically Visionary+ is getting stuck.

Is there any way to do the root / s-off / etc process through an SD card entirely, and furthermore without using the Visionary app?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well it looks like that cable is not carrying the data so your going to be out of luck I think. Can you transfer files back and forth?

Edit: even so, it is really a crapshoot using anything but a stock cable and I would not really recommend it.. especially s-off

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello Pizzadude,

I can't transfer files, or perform any software related activities between the phone and the PC.

Kind Regards,

Davo

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Then it is the cable. Not sure how the bb handles it so I am useless there. I would not try anything unless the cable works properly. Otherwise you are begging to ruin your phone

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670