- 32 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Remove the camera on Desire HD
Recently i got a Desire HD from a friend thats got some beating (use in the garage so it looks pretty bad).
He changed the screen because it was broken, and after that the volume up and digitalizer didnt work. Yesterday i opened
the phone and disassembled it completely, got the digitalizer to work so now its possible to use the phone.
But the volume up button was broken so need to change the ribbon cable also.
As the camera is mounted on the top circuit board, this need to be moved to the new board. But saw in a video that they used a
special tool to loosen the camera.
Is it possible to loosen it without this tool?
And i read about a guy that warned about changing the "camera module", as this is where bluetooth and wifi are. So i could end up with
a phone without BT and WIFI after changing the ribbon cable? Is that something that can happen to me?
I will buy a new screen and new covers also, because the screen fit is very bad(!) and the outer case looks terribly bad :P
- 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM #2
- By KBuckner in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
- By Tobii1 in forum HTC Desire HDReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2011, 06:59 AM
- By Jerzyiroc in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 30Last Post: 09-16-2010, 02:31 PM
- By mscalero in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 08-22-2010, 01:16 PM
- By Mikey13 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 05-09-2010, 10:46 AM