Just a faster Evo?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Is this just an Evo with a faster processor? The specs look EXACTLY the same except for the newer gen Snapdragon processor. Are there any other advantages like a higher resolution screen or something?:confused:

shba

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if it has the same processor or is this a different version of the snapdragon? different GPU?? Also not sure if it will have an HDMI out i didn't see one on the video but it was unclear

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What I'm hearing now is that the Snapdragon processor AND the gpu will be upgraded. While the processor will beat out the others, the gpu will remain inferior to the Galaxy S gpu, but only by about 4 million triangles/sec

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What I'm hearing now is that the Snapdragon processor AND the gpu will be upgraded. While the processor will beat out the others, the gpu will remain inferior to the Galaxy S gpu, but only by about 4 million triangles/sec

where did you hear about the CPU and GPU being the upgraded ones? If you're telling the truth then u made my day.

edit: now that i think about it, i think the upgraded GPU is a no brainer. The newer Adreno 205 GPUs are said to be much better with media playback, graphics etc. And since HTC is bringing divx and SRS sound, both media related, i think these are reason enough to suggest the new Snapdragon's with upgraded GPUs are gonna be in.

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
where did you hear about the CPU and GPU being the upgraded ones? If you're telling the truth then u made my day.

edit: now that i think about it, i think the upgraded GPU is a no brainer. The newer Adreno 205 GPUs are said to be much better with media playback, graphics etc. And since HTC is bringing divx and SRS sound, both media related, i think these are reason enough to suggest the new Snapdragon's with upgraded GPUs are gonna be in.

I was looking at a chart of the upcoming Snapdragon chart and it mentioned the HTC Ace, which is also known as the HTC Desire HD. Funny thing though, I just looked at the rumored specs and it seems that it might be using the previous gen. Snapdragon. That would not be good! I sure hope it's actually stronger than it is rumored at now.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12