HTC Desire 500 root

DireVulf

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
any news on the TWRP front?? I have downloaded newest sync and synced phone, assuming it has newest drivers as i cant find an option for drivers so guess its automatic...

EDIT.. managed to get the recovery flashed.. spoke to dees troy on twrp chat.. suggested i use TAB in terminal to autocomplete the TWRP.img name... funny thing ..that did it.. spelled exactly as i had been typing in but this time it flashed ...weird huh.. ty for your help

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
any news on the TWRP front?? I have downloaded newest sync and synced phone, assuming it has newest drivers as i cant find an option for drivers so guess its automatic...

EDIT.. managed to get the recovery flashed.. spoke to dees troy on twrp chat.. suggested i use TAB in terminal to autocomplete the TWRP.img name... funny thing ..that did it.. spelled exactly as i had been typing in but this time it flashed ...weird huh.. ty for your help
Well then, now all you have to do is flash SuperSU.zip in recovery, and you're rooted!

Do you have the file or do you need a link?

DireVulf

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
thanks wizz, I flashed the supersu earlier, jobs a good one.. just reading different forums now to make sure i am careful proceeding forward.. will be looking at whats available to install now.. a couple of links would be very helpful

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks wizz, I flashed the supersu earlier, jobs a good one.. just reading different forums now to make sure i am careful proceeding forward.. will be looking at whats available to install now.. a couple of links would be very helpful

Are you referring to ROMs?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

dragosh91

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone!
i have an htc desire 500 which is stuck in a boot loop.
i tried doing a factory reset, didn't work.
so i unlocked it using htc dev.
i can enter fastboot, but i'm unable to enter recovery.
i installed botw twrp and cwm recoveries and they both said OKAY, but i'm still unable to acces recovery.
Any ideas what i could try?

Moiram

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, do you have HTC Drivers installed?

I'm also thinking that the file could be corrupted. I also see people are having trouble with the recovery, so hold on. Let me look into other solutions for you.

Hi
I try to root HTC Desire 500 too.

I want to use it in WiFi repeater mode with fqrouter2

Following your intructions here I did:

1. unlock your bootloader with HTCDev, - sucessful
2. flash a recovery like TWRP - (done: recovery.img, fastboot OK), I don't know if I missed something or is it all.
3. " and then flash SuperSU in recovery." - I don't know what it is and how to do. Please help!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I try to root HTC Desire 500 too.

I want to use it in WiFi repeater mode with fqrouter2

Following your intructions here I did:

1. unlock your bootloader with HTCDev, - sucessful
2. flash a recovery like TWRP - (done: recovery.img, fastboot OK), I don't know if I missed something or is it all.
3. " and then flash SuperSU in recovery." - I don't know what it is and how to do. Please help!
Download Supersu.zip from chainfire.eu, put the zip file on your phone, go to recovery (twrp), select install, select the supersu.zip file and flash it. Reboot the phone and you should be rooted after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs