Default Re: Remove stock applications?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    No.
    Meyerweb....b nice man....Lol... Tell him freeze the unwanted apps...goto app manager select all applications... Choose the one you don't want... Disable n force stop em....

:*: Neebi :*:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Question Remove stock applications?

Hello

A friend of mine bought an HTC Desire S (currently running the latest stock firmware Android 2.3.5) through a subscription plan, and would like to remove some of the default applications that came with the phone but the option to remove them are disabled when going into the Apps section.

Is there a way to remove them without rooting the phone?

Thank you.

No.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by neebi007 View Post
    Meyerweb....b nice man....Lol... Tell him freeze the unwanted apps...goto app manager select all applications... Choose the one you don't want... Disable n force stop em....

:*: Neebi :*:
    Man, AC's clock is really messed up. Anway, the OP said "without rooting the phone" and that he's on Android 2.3.5. To the best of my knowledge, the "disable" option didn't exist in Android 2.x, and you can't freeze apps with apps like TiB without rooting. So the answer to the question, as asked, is "no."
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for confirming that rooting the device is the only way of getting rid of telco-imposed applications.