Desire S OS ???

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i am new to android but am pretty up to date with phone stuff in general and i am thinking about getting the desire S and was wondering is there anyway of getting like just an official vanilla version of like gingerbread or even froyo on the desire S cause from what ive seen and messed around with im not the biggest fan of htc sense althought its better then most other skins. i know there are like different roms which im guessing area androids version of like leaked OS's for blackberrys but if anyone could give some advice or point me in the right direction that would be great and if not would getting the sensation be any better ??

thanks guys

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There's no "official" way to get vanilla Android on your phone. If your issue is just the launcher, there are plenty of launchers available in the market (I suggest ADW). Otherwise, you have to flash an entire ROM, which requires rooting your phone. I'm not sure what kind of ROMs or rooting methods are available for the Desire S.

anon(490042)

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe AOSP ROMs are equivalent to vanilla ROMs? If so, you can find a list at XDA forums under the Desire S section. If you need a link, I can PM it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz