1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,974 Global Posts

Default Desire Z announced

It's basically the G2 for the rest of the world.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-an...-qwerty-slider

Question is, which carrier in Canada will get it? I heard Bell, there's also the Desire HD which people anticipate are going to Telus but I don't think anthing with "HD" in the name will make its way to Canada.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##

Do any carriers in Canada support 900/2100Mhz frequency 3G? I thought most carriers there supported 850/1900Mhz and 1700/2100 (Band IV).

If this is so, you won't any 3G coverage and the G2 or a differently branded phone is more likely.

This phone is for Europe and Asia, it won't have 3G coverage in most of the Americas.

Quote Originally Posted by ponderousanomaly View Post
    Do any carriers in Canada support 900/2100Mhz frequency 3G? I thought most carriers there supported 850/1900Mhz and 1700/2100 (Band IV).

If this is so, you won't any 3G coverage and the G2 or a differently branded phone is more likely.

This phone is for Europe and Asia, it won't have 3G coverage in most of the Americas.
    Canadian carriers are mostly 850/1900, and Telus has NO 2G (no GSM).

It's already been stated that the Z is definitely coming to Canada, we'd already get the G2 if our bands were what the G2 has, the Z is mostly for the non-US.

Added a chart for fun
    Last edited by sookster54; 09-16-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##