Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Sorry! Process System Is Not Responding

Hi Guys,

I am very new to the Android scene. I am coming from an iPhone background & more recently WebOS.

A friend of mine gave me his HTC Desire with a broken screen. I ordered a replacement from eBay & put it in today. Everything worked great once I powered it up. I put my sim card in, put an 8gb micro SD card in, made phone calls & sent text messages etc.

However, problems arose when I was prompted to update my version of Android over Wireless (OTA?).

Upon reboot, the phone gives me an error:

Sorry! Process System Is Not Responding {Force Quit} {Wait}

I have no WiFi, no 3G & now the phone reboots every 5 minutes or so. I can open the recovery menu, but if I select the 'Recovery' option it just gives me the 'Red Triangle' with the exclamation point. No menu or text.

Some info (if it helps):

Baseband Version: 32.41.00.32U_4.08.00.09

Build Version: 2.10.405.2 CL226611

Software: 2.10.405.2

HBoot: 0.83.0001

Radio: 4.08.00.09

I am not sure if this phone was previously rooted (doubt it), but im stuck and have not found any information that relates to my problem. One article I found did have the same problem but was resolved using the recovery menu, which doesn't work for me.

I have tried other things such as doing a factory reset etc etc, but to no avail.

Has anybody come across this problem before?

Thanks,

MaJ.

Default Re: Sorry! Process System Is Not Responding

Hi

My HTC Desire went into loop with "Process system not reponding"
    Press button for force stop or wait.

Repeated message all day, i could not access the phone at all.
    No turn on or off so i couldn't do the the suggested fixes i found on the net.

But had a brain wave that i can't seem to find anywhere mentioned.

HTC is a small PC, PC buggers up you do a reboot. You pull the power plug
    out of the PC to ensure a clean start.
    Did the same to the phone, pulled the battery out for 10 minutes.

Phone did a reboot and seems to work fine.

Worked for me.

Dave