Typing question!

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm a soon to be owner. I'm coming from a long life with Blackberry, and even though I love their push solutions and stellar battery life, I need a change. Iphone doesn't work for me,because it's too closed. I had a device with android 1.5, and I loved it, but it was lacking a lot. Android 2.1 and 2.2 looks great. The HTC Desire is an awesome device (spec wise) and I will go pick myself up one next week or this weekend.

But I did have a question.

How's typing on it? I'm a very fast typer. Can the processor keep up? I've had devices that have lagged on typing. I'm fairly accurate and such, but will the device slow down while writing a long email or anything like that? My old android device had this issue. How's the on screen keyboard?

Thanks guys :).

mark4323

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't find any problems with the processor keeping up.

I found the screen keyboard hard to use. I've tried a couple of apps, like SlideIT and swype and they are great!

Plagus#AC

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It keeps up just fine.

I am (was) a BlackBerry user and have found the transition to be pretty smooth. Typing is, once you are used to the lack of physical keyboard, just as fast (if not faster) than on the 9700.

The one thing you will *really* notice though is the battery life.

trick202

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Invest some time in swype. It's a little strange at first if you're used to two thumb operation.
IMHO the keyboard is not great. If you start to go fast, it struggles to keep up. My iPhone was a lot better in this respect.

Swype would be my suggestion - give it time though.

dnlgee

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
I personally hate typing with the stock Sense keypad.. got a Vanilla Froyo keypad at the minute and find it so much easier and more responsive.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma