HTC desire running 'official' gingerbread - root help

elliotaren

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hope someone can help with this.

I have recently purchased an HTC Desire & managed to apply the ?official? Gingerbread update. It's a great phone even if it is now a few years old.

Of course, I?m still struggling with the lack of internal space (wish I?d checked the Forums more thoroughly before I bought) so I?m looking at rooting (though I quite like GB and Sense) and partitioning to deal with this once and for all. I have now checked & read the many Forums and ?How to? guides but I?m still a little confused (and don?t have loads of free time unfortunately).

I have concluded the ?revolutionary? method seems to be the latest technique, but most of the references are at least 1 year old ? is there anything newer?

I seem to have ?S-off? already ? does this make a difference?

I have:

PVT SHIP S ? OFF

HBOOT ? 1.02.0001

MICROP ? 031d

Touch Panel ? SYNT0101

RADIO ? 5.17.05.23

Jul 22 2011.16.19.16

Thanks All.

elliotaren

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have solved this.
For anyone else's benefit, here's how.
I rooted the phone using Revolutionary.
Then I downloaded Titanium Backup and saved all my apps to an external computer (just in case). I also did the same for anything I wanted to keep on the SD card.
I then partitioned the SD card using 4ext recovery.
Then I downloaded the Supernova rom (zip) to my computer and copied it to the phone SD card.
I went back into 4ext recovery and used the menus there to install the Supernova file from the Sd card.
I let it install.
It worked.
I had re-installed any old apps using Titanium (although to be honest there wern't that many as I had never been able to install much before I got low internal memory warning!).

Please note this is a summarised version as there are guides to all of these processes on xda developers and other forums..
I now have no more internal space issues - thanks to Supernova.
The rom is runs GB with Sense.
It has been 2 months since the install and so far all ok.
I have over 1mb free in internal space and have installed approx 15 or more apps since the install.

I recommmend this to all suffering low internal memory issues on this phone.
It is now the phone I always hoped it would be - i.e fantastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87