"Insufficient storage available" error message

Gemma Holland

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
hi,
Whenever I try to download apps from the Google Play store the error messages "Insufficient storage available" and "there is insufficient storage space available on the device" appears, and the app does not download. I have tried to move all applications in the Manage applications area to the SD card which has a lot of free space. Only a few appear to have moved. Most of the Apps in the Manage applications area - at least 90%, the Move to SD card is not highlighted, and there does'nt appear to be a way to move them to the SD card. The internal phone storage space is only 376KB.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Gemma

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't install apps directly to the external SD--you can only move them to external SD after initially installing to Internal Storage. And this can only be done with Gingerbread and earlier Android versions (and sometimes with ICS). On top of that, when you move an app to the external SD, the entire app doesn't get moved, because a portion of it still needs to reside in Internal Storage or App Storage, as described in my guide.

Gemma Holland

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for link to the informative guide. As my android phone version is 2.2.2. with the 256MB phone storage space. I have downloaded 8 apps including "app cache cleaner" from the Google play store and there is 50MB space remaining. A few apps have moved to the SD card and most stay on the phone storage. Well for now at least I know now not to buy any more apps as I would have to disable or remove other apps.

Eranda Chinthaka

May 31, 2016
Visit site
hi,
Whenever I try to download apps from the Google Play store the error messages "Insufficient storage available" and "there is insufficient storage space available on the device" appears, and the app does not download. I have tried to move all applications in the Manage applications area to the SD card which has a lot of free space. Only a few appear to have moved. Most of the Apps in the Manage applications area - at least 90%, the Move to SD card is not highlighted, and there does'nt appear to be a way to move them to the SD card. The internal phone storage space is only 376KB.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Gemma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34