1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JUST got my Desire

Hello all,

I just got my HTC Desire today, and now I am looking forward to tinkering with it, and adding different homebrew applications.

Unfortunately!... I know nothing about this sort of thing. I'm currently running software version 2.1. What other information would someone need to know in order to recommend some homebrew applications?

Also, can anyone direct me to a link or some kind of article, discussing all of the possible options, such as hacks, homebrew, etc...

Thanks,

Slip

You dont seem to get much in the way of a reply on here.

MrSlipps (as I would like to call you)

This is my first post here, and I'd like to spend it pointing you in the right direction! I've had my Desire for about 3 months now, in the UK so GSM, and I'm rooted and running a GOOD custom rom. It's themed and I love it.

If you'd like to root it then it's as simple as trying unrevoked3 by going here and clicking on the Desire.

For all of your ROM needs your best bet is the infamous XDA-Developers forum, specifically this Forum

I'm using LeeDroid 2.2e and loving it, I was scared of rooting my phone but honestly it's not that bad and it makes Android a tinkers paradise!!!

Have fun!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Hey all I just got my Desire yesterday and I am slowly starting to figure things out. I am loving the device and I would love to hear of any tips or tricks that my fellow Desire owners have to share! Since this is my first Android device I am a little noobish with the whole thing, but I have been trying to read up on as much as I can. Basically I am a sponge and looking to absorb as much info as I can!

Thanks
    @B_ren8
    HTC Desire> DeFroST 6.0e(AOSP FRG83+CyanogenMod)
    Torch 9800>RBs v3 beta

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B_ren View Post
    Hey all I just got my Desire yesterday and I am slowly starting to figure things out. I am loving the device and I would love to hear of any tips or tricks that my fellow Desire owners have to share! Since this is my first Android device I am a little noobish with the whole thing, but I have been trying to read up on as much as I can. Basically I am a sponge and looking to absorb as much info as I can!

Thanks
    One trick I like, which works amazingly when you are without your phone, is having all your contacts sync with your gmail account. I have every contact in my gmail and it is genius.
    Current: Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M)
    Previous: Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M), HTC Desire, BB 8330, Nokia 6265i