1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Unrooting HTC Desire

So I rooted my Desire using Unrevoked as I felt comfortable enough with the instructions for rooting.

Now I see there is the 2.29 update available and I can't update while phone is rooted. I'm guessing this will be an issue when 2.3 rolls around and to be honest, being rooted hasn't made all that much difference to me. Trouble is, I have no clue what any of the instructions I'm reading about un-rooting mean. I'm basically computer illiterate so can anyone out there point me in the direction of some step-by-step instructions please!

Cheers...

ROM
    CM7 Nightly Builds

This link may help:
    Only the best get the best. Android forever.

i don't agree you ideas

if you're rooted, why not just install a custom rom? You get most updates included in them before htc pushes them out to the desire.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spudski View Post
    This link may help:
    Won't this change the boot image? It looks like all of these ruus are from verizon?

ROM
    Stock HTC rooted s-off

Default Re: Unrooting HTC Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Emilybreanna View Post
    Won't this change the boot image? It looks like all of these ruus are from verizon?
    The third in the XDA list is basically the stock WWE rom. If your phone is unbranded that one will do. It will reset your Hboot too.
    But yeah basically, you can find a flashable zip stock rom () too which is much easier in case you ever want to install a custom rom again. When the official GB update is released, just check the list again and I'm sure it will be added. And you can keep your custom bootloader and recovery.