Why am I unable to send or receive media files via Whatsapp since updating to HTC 5.0.2?

A

AC Question

Problems since updating to HTC 5.0.2

Hi,

I have just updated my HTC desire HD's software to 5.0.2 (I believe this is called Lollipop?).
Right away after updating, I have been unable to send or receive any media files via whatsapp (states that download was unable to complete, please try again). I initially thought this was a space issue, but making further space I my phone has made no difference (i now have free 4gb). This happens when I have good internet connection (wi-fi and mobile data).

Having read the whatsapp FAQ, I decided to heed their suggestion of next backing up the whatsapp folder, deleting it and creating a new folder. When I connected my phone to the computer, it fails to recognise it. The computer error states that the device has malfunctioned and windows has failed to recognise it. I have tried connecting it to different computers (with HTC sync manager installed) to no effect.

Please help, I have no idea what to do. Ideally I would like to back up my images/videos/files onto my computer, but I can't seem to do that either!

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems since updating to HTC 5.0.2

Welcome to Android Central! I assume you rooted your phone and installed a custom 5.0.2 ROM, correct? The Desire HD is from 2010, so there's no way that this is an official ROM. My guess is that the ROM is buggy.

If you need to copy files to the computer and can't connect via USB, then try a wireless file transfer app like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800