Why does my HTC Desire 601 keep turning on and off?

A

AC Question

HTC Desire 601 keeps turning on and off

Hello! :D
I'm sorry if there is already a question like this somewhere, but I just can't find a solution... :(

So, my HTC Desire 601 keeps turning on and off. When it turns on it only gets to the htc logo, then it turns off again. I've tried hard reseting it a couple of times, but when I get to the recovery mode and select factory reset it just turns off and then starts turning on and off again.
I've also tried to install a custom rom (I've heard somewhere that that might help), but I didn't get past the recovery mode. It happened the same as with the factory reset.
I really don't know what else to try, I guess that there's no hope for my phone anymore, but I wanted to see if there is maybe a bit of chance for it anyway...

Thank you for your responses! :)

:: And sorry for mistakes - not a native speaker + noob in phone area. :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC Desire 601 keeps turning on and off

Hello! :D
I'm sorry if there is already a question like this somewhere, but I just can't find a solution... :(

So, my HTC Desire 601 keeps turning on and off. When it turns on it only gets to the htc logo, then it turns off again. I've tried hard reseting it a couple of times, but when I get to the recovery mode and select factory reset it just turns off and then starts turning on and off again.
I've also tried to install a custom rom (I've heard somewhere that that might help), but I didn't get past the recovery mode. It happened the same as with the factory reset.
I really don't know what else to try, I guess that there's no hope for my phone anymore, but I wanted to see if there is maybe a bit of chance for it anyway...

Thank you for your responses! :)

:: And sorry for mistakes - not a native speaker + noob in phone area. :)

If you still have access to the bootloader screen, there may still be hope. Please check if you can access the bootloader screen. Simply turn off the phone and then hold the power button + volume down to get into the screen. The screen should look something like this:

unlock-your-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-install-custom-recovery-using-twrp.w654-600x305.jpg

Image credits to android.gs

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Bones007

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

First: thank you for responses!

I can get to this screen, but I don't have option "bootloader". It looks like this:
DSC_1603.JPG
It probably should be unlocked..? Do you maybe know if I can unlock it?

edit: Okay, I'm stupid, sorry. :D
I realized I can get to this kind of screen (with "bootloader", "reboot", "reebot bootloader" and "power down") if I click "fastboot". So yes, I can get to this screen.
What should I do next?

Last edited:

Bones007

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Okay, I've read on some other pages that this is surely the end for my phone, so now my expectations are really low. :p
But if you could anyway find the solution (although I doubt there is one) that would be awesome. :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

First: thank you for responses!

I can get to this screen, but I don't have option "bootloader". It looks like this:
View attachment 184781
It probably should be unlocked..? Do you maybe know if I can unlock it?

edit: Okay, I'm stupid, sorry. :D
I realized I can get to this kind of screen (with "bootloader", "reboot", "reebot bootloader" and "power down") if I click "fastboot". So yes, I can get to this screen.
What should I do next?

You need to check if fastboot works. Select fastboot from that menu. Once you reach the fastboot menu, it should say "fastboot" in red text on your screen. You then have to connect it to a computer and check to see if the red text changes to "fastboot usb". Are you familiar with ADB and Fastboot commands?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I've read on some other pages that this is surely the end for my phone, so now my expectations are really low. :p
But if you could anyway find the solution (although I doubt there is one) that would be awesome. :)

We will see how it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34