Changing my s/d card but am totally thick with my phone, what are my options?

A

AC Question

changing my s/d card but am totally thick with my phone

my sd card came with the phone its a HTC desire 500. Have had it a year have been able to download 4 apps and the phone tells me i have insufficient room. i went to the 3 shop and was advised to buy bigger sd card. Surprisingly they do not sell them so i got it from Amazon.Its a Lexar Mobile microsdx3 64GB. There is a 3gb card in my phone at the moment but what do I do with new one? I really need help because I am a technodope (ha that sounds like a prehistoric animal!!!)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: changing my s/d card but am totally thick with my phone

I'm not sure with the HTC, but since you probably can't take the back cover off, there's probably a slot on the side or bottom for the SD card. Open the cover. There should be a card in there. Try pressing it in with your fingernail. That should release it about 0.5mm (1/4") or so, and you can grab it and pull it out. Put the new card in (press it in all the way and it should stay all the way in - it's a toggle, press once to put it in, press again to remove).

Do all this with the phone turned off. (You can unmount the card, but since you're not a geek, turning the phone off is easier.)

BTW, Downloads go to internal storage, so you'll have to move all your pictures, music, videos, etc., to the card, to make space for downloading anything.

Apps also get installed to internal storage. Some apps can have some parts moved to the card, and that may save you some space internally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang