Bug in HTC sync since January 4th: wrong dates of Outlook calendar events. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Bug in htc sync since January 4th: wrong dates of Outlook calendar events

Since today (Jan 4th) when I synchronize my HTC One mini 2 with Outlook, the date of each calendar event is wrong! It is shifted by one day. I have deleted HTC sync, re-installed, but it does not fix the problem. This is the last of many issues with HTC Sync (Htc? never again ...)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bug in htc sync since January 4th: wrong dates of Outlook calendar events

Do you have the same problem using Google calendar?

brock774

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here... Just spoke to HTC who admits there is a bug in HTC sync.. There is no ETA on a resolution....

Last edited:

Kendrea Moccia

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

Same problem. What a deja vu experience when I view my phone/Google calendar in the morning. (Good thing I remember what I did the day before or I'd be in trouble!) Hope they fix this bug soon.

Kendrea Moccia

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

Not 100% certain but I believe this problem occurred AFTER I installed an update to prepare for Marshmellow.

John Doggart

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

It's now 11th Jan, 1 week after the problem of adding 1 day to all dates whilst syncing, and still no fix! HTC, please stop your competitors laughing, and fix the problem in the next 24 hrs! John

Rene6786

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
My HTC M8 is doing the same thing. After an hour at my Sprint store both technicians finally ascertained that it's indeed an HTC Sync problem. HTC doesn't appear to be owning up to anything to do with the problem. Their tech support (another hourj online) that I change the time/date settings in settings, then change the Android Calendar entries by hand one at a time, and then suggested a factory reboot! I don't see how a reboot could possibly help. The Sprint technicians said it will have to be fixed via HTC update. I'm confused about why only a few people seem to be having the problem. How may this be fixed and without word from HTC at all?

micromike123

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

I am right now with the HTC Help Desk. Meaningless 40 min. Q&A session. Message between the lines: i) yes, we are aware of this problem; ii) no, we do not have a solution; iii) we may try to trick the system in a meantime.... and 40 min later - still nothing.... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Kiere Luurs

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I had the very same WTF experience.
A synchronizer that synchronises 1 day off?!

But what makes it all worse.
- They do not have a forum to report bugs.
- They not make a statement themselves that they are aware of it and are addressing it.
- There is STILL NO FIX. It is January 16th!

I reported this to HTC weeks ago by chat. The respondent admitted 'they had had some reports'. It might be related to the leap day in February. He could not tell anything about a fix.

So, what are they 'doing'?
Waiting until march, hoping the problem will then have passed?!
Two whole months causing problems to people?!

Terribly STUPID

micromike123

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Day before yesterday, I spent ONE HOUR on the phone with HTC Customer Service. I was asked a dozen of most ridiculous questions, while trying to receive a simple answer. The only thing I've heard was "we are working on it." By the way, this is a reoccurring problem: I experienced exactly the same with HTC previous devices (don't ask me why I bought it again from the same company!) in 2007 and 2009. One can find it by surfing the Internet that I wasn't the only one. The HTC Sync is rotten from the beginning. Yesterday, HTC rep called me to just say that there is still no solution and they hope [sic!] to get one by the end of the month. I already reported my concerns to my carrier. I think it will be a right thing to do for all of us to communicate with our providers to express our concerns about HTC and to suggest dropping it from the offers they have. I already did it.

Rene6786

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Willard at HTC reported that the Outlook to HTC sync problem clears up starting on February 29th, and indeed it does. Apparently one must get on a list in order to received the update-repair. In the mean time he said to move the dates to their correct places manually. He said he is 100% certain that not only the the problem clear up on the 29th of February but that the update will be available less than a week from now.

micromike123

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I have more than a hundred events that I relied on being on my calendar. I'd love to give this Willard of Oz, I am sorry - of HTC my phone so he can move all of them - manually! This is ridiculous!

Ralph Savage

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Me too - I think the problem began pre-xmas but I didn't pay attention until going back to work in New Year and almost missing lots of meetings! Have tweeted HTC and happy to keep bugging them. Did I see that something to do with leap year might be the prob and that after Feb 29th, everything will be back to normal?

micromike123

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Today is February 1, 2016. I was promised by HTC Customer Service representatives on several occasions that the issue will be solved by the 31st of January 2016. I have it all documented, also in writing. I was also promised that someone will call me to explain how to fix my phone once the software is updated. Since nobody called me today, I called HTC to only find that... THERE WILL BE NO SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM UNTIL MARCH AND IT WILL THE DISAPPEAR [SIC!]. Moreover, first person I spoke to couldn't even find my case! Lies after lies, after lies... HTC is nothing but a huge disappointment. I am considering filing a small claims case against HTC in the local court.

JSampaio

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Problem is already solved. You must uninstall The Sync manager and download from HTC again and install it. Everything will be fine. If you try to update the actual installed version you possible see a message that you have already the last version...that's because you must to uninstall the actual version and download it again.