Why does my battery drain incredibly fast after a certain percentage?

A

AC Question

Battery drains incredibly fast after a certain percentage

Hello! I've had an HTC Desire for more than a year now, but since a couple of months, I have been experiencing problems with the battery. Let's say it's around 90% before I go to bed, and when I wake up, it's completely drained. This process happens incredibly fast (about 30 mins) and I don't know what causes it. I tried buying a new battery or resetting to factory settings, but it didn't work. There are some days when I barely use the phone and the battery still drains incredibly fast. Any solutions?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery drains incredibly fast after a certain percentage

Hi and Welcome to AC!

Can you capture and post screen shots of battery usage before the phone completely drains? Is this happening everyday?

Konstantin Belev

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Battery drains incredibly fast after a certain percentage

Thanks for the fast reply, had to create an account to answer. It doesn't happen every day, for example, 4 days after charging it's at 90% because I haven't used it that much, and in 30 minutes it can be drained completely without me doing anything. I can't guess when it's going to happen, it just does so randomly. Here's a screenshot of the battery usage now: Screenshot_2016-04-15-17-27-49.png I'll see if I can make a screenshot during the time it's draining quickly, but I don't remember seeing anything unusual. Also I don't have many apps installed, just some e-readers.