US Carriers and release date speculation...

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Your guess is as good as mine

Let's see...
Don't you just love it when this happens???

"The HTC Legend will be available in Europe through Vodafone and in the direct channel beginning in April. It will roll out to other parts of the world including Asia in early Q2. HTC says there are no plans to make the HTC Legend and HTC Desire available in the U.S. though."
Next-Generation HTC Phones Boast Android 2.1, Improved HTC Sense

On the other hand.....
"Sprint is rumored to get HTC Legend, AT&T may pick up the Desire"
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-rumored-get-htc-legend-att-may-pick-desire

My guess??? Sprint HTC Legend 3Q10 and AT&T Desire 2Q10
Your guess is as good as mine.

Truth is, wait and see.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Let's see...
Don't you just love it when this happens???

"The HTC Legend will be available in Europe through Vodafone and in the direct channel beginning in April. It will roll out to other parts of the world including Asia in early Q2. HTC says there are no plans to make the HTC Legend and HTC Desire available in the U.S. though."
Next-Generation HTC Phones Boast Android 2.1, Improved HTC Sense

On the other hand.....
"Sprint is rumored to get HTC Legend, AT&T may pick up the Desire"
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-rumored-get-htc-legend-att-may-pick-desire

My guess??? Sprint HTC Legend 3Q10 and AT&T Desire 2Q10
Your guess is as good as mine.

Truth is, wait and see.

There's no guessing... Sprint gets Legend, AT&T gets Desire...

AT&T picking up HTC Desire, Sprint grabbing HTC Hero2 ? Boy Genius Report

No dates though...

Sprint will probably screw up the Hero2 (aka Legend) like they did the original Hero... shame...

And AT&T getting the Desire - they can't even handle one data intensive smartphone, let alone another like the Desire...

alphatectz

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree. ATT needs to get market share in the Android market. I could see mid spring release of this device on ATT. If not, early summer, but not much later. I cant see them doing anything really around the iPhone, especially something they know could resemble competition to it.

I have to agree with you. After seeing this baby in action my jaw dropped. O currently have a blackberry 9700 and an iPhone 3gs. I will drop both of them for the desire. But then again if AT&T does the same crap that they did with the back flip (which IMO is POS) I will be sadden. But will still get the desire. Hopfully there will be. Work around for the desire.

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I so want this phone to come out in the US (preferably on Verizon). I think it is by far the most attractive android phone on the market (I like actual buttons), and it has the power to back up it's looks.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why Verizon would have this phone and the Nexus One. I'm hoping the Desire makes it to Sprint because that's the only carrier that seems to work in my building.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
HTC Desire to AT&T?

Hello!

So, I hear a report that HTC will be with AT&T soon. Anyone know what the time table would be?

Thanks,
Jamie

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If I was HTC, I would tell AT&T to go fly a kite based on the current legal climate. Or because AT&T crippled the only android phone in their lineup... take your pick... But you know what they say, money talks!

pianowitz

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Desire will be top even over Iphone

I have to agree with you. After seeing this baby in action my jaw dropped. O currently have a blackberry 9700 and an iPhone 3gs. I will drop both of them for the desire. But then again if AT&T does the same crap that they did with the back flip (which IMO is POS) I will be sadden. But will still get the desire. Hopfully there will be. Work around for the desire.

Yep same here, after seeing the desire in action, I will pretty much follow it on sprint, At&t or Verizon. I personally think it can stand up to the new Iphone one on one, If they get that 720p screen up ad running for the US. (and would prefer full flash but that's ok)

HTC Desire to Get Software Update, 720P Encoding Included | GSM Dome - Mobile Phone News

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
For your sake I really hope you're right. It's hard to believe so much time has passed with at&t being a no show to the Android game.

But can you blame them? They are in bed up to their eyeballs with Apple and tensions between Apple and Google have been getting steadily worse for almost a year now. I think they are terrified of loosing their exclusive because they know it's their bread and butter... my $0.02

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't see AT&T launching Androids right around iPhone time.. so I would say early before and late in the year.

I do think they wont release any around the same time as iPhone but I can definitely see them releasing two or three the first half of the year and the other two or 3 closer to the holidays with a 3-4 month gap around iPhone time.

One thing's for sure if they do release one around the time of iPhone it will be one of the entry level models.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My guess, due to a specs page I read (where it shows GSM and CDMA bands), it will eventually be across all carriers, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to a lot more phones in the future.

As it should be. Exclusivity is just stupid, IMHO...

I think all of the major carriers in the US will be getting it Verizon, Sprint, TMo, AT&T. We know they are all getting the Nexus (Via Google).

One thing that people have not pointed out thus far in this thread is that the Desire will be available in stores and most likely aggressively marketed to consumers. Nexus One is more of a tech geeks phone and only available via Google's web store...

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The Desire is the closest thing to N1 without paying $530 bucks :) I hope AT&T and HTC work out the details soon and put the Desire out there. I'm ready for an Android phone. Don't want the crippled Backflip, nor the high priced N1... would be happy with $200 Desire with 2 yr contract. COME ON AT&T! get on with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon