HTC Desire v. Google Nexus One

Music Ian

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here, I've a grand topic question:

of all of you who own a Nexus, are you regretting the purchase and wish you waited for the Desire?

And of all of you who don't own a Nexus, are you still willing to buy one or do you think the Desire will be that much worth it?

My guess is while HTC and Google made a deal on how similar the phones can be, I personally still think Google got kind of jipped with the optical trackball. Then again, the Nexus One gets the noise-cancelling mics and will get the official Android updates first, long before anything else. I guess that matches the trackball and Sense.

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
As much as i have always wanted the Desire (as in since the first leaked roadmap with the Bravo,) AT&T is an impossibility for me since i'm on a family plan. For a good 2 months everyone thought it was going to Verizon so i was super excited.

Trackpad+Physical Buttons+Sense+Slightly Sexier > Nexus One

Just my opinion.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The Desire will be supported by AT&T so any software update by Google will take an eternity to reach the Desire. The N1 on the other hand will get any update as soon as Google releases it. I don't regret getting a phone supported directly by Google besides 3G the Desire is only a cosmetic upgrade from the N1.

Joene

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I too am willing to wait till the N1 finally hits Europe. I don't like Sense one bit, I prefer the native Android interface, it provides more oversight, I think. I kind of like the way the N1's interface looks like a desktop of a computer, which is what I'm used to most.

Furthermore, as a current HTC TyTn owner, I don't like the updates-policy of HTC. HTC discontinued support two years after purchasing it. In a way, it makes sense: HTC is a device manufacturer, they don't want you to update, they want you to buy a new phone every time there is a mayor software release. Every penny they spend on an older device is pure loss.

Google, on the other hand is a software company, the N1 is just a way to get their software to you and by doing so increase their mobile ads revenues. Every penny they spend on the N1 update is a way of increasing their profit. Hence, they will be willing to spend more time on the device after sale.

I prefer continuous updates. If you had the multi-touch or 3G issue with an HTC, you'd still be waiting for a software fix. Google tried to solve it in like, 3-4 weeks?

Music Ian

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
awesome! I'm very glad, I love Google but I'm really liking the physical navigation buttons and the optical trackball, and Sense looks to have some very useful quirks that make me want it more, I just hope Google doesn't get discouraged from this by people jumping to the Desire instead.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
i currently run an Jailbroken Iphone 3GS (which is awesome! BUT getting tired of the OS) BUT, i been itching to get my hands on an Android device for a while now...HTC you need to bring this Desire to ATT now! for me personally its either the Desire or Nexus One! just want to wait and see if indeed ATT will get the Desire soon!

Last edited:

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Let us know how you like it compared to your 3gs and 9700 (assuming you are the same Duvi from crackberry)

i am... lol.

i love it. more than my Palm Pre for sure.

Against the iPhone, if i could get the iPhone's dictionary/auto-correct + multitouch, I would love it 10Xs more than the iPhone. I'm not a crazy app person, nor do I fail to realize functionality. The fb app for android works and that's all I need. Copy and paste also sucks.

Against the 9700, yes in most areas, but no in some very important ones. I need bbm (at the present moment) & push mail w/o hiccups.

I honestly can't say better than the 3Gs or 9700, but depending on what your needs/wants are, it may just be.

If you've never owned a 3Gs, you won't even notice the difference.

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Against the 9700, yes in most areas, but no in some very important ones. I need bbm (at the present moment) & push mail w/o hiccups.

I have a blackberry and the push mail does go down for hours at a time it seems like once a month. I'm just saying that BB's push mail isn't the be all that some people make it out to be. I had to install the gmail app just for these occasions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy