Desire won't sync Google?

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

A friend told me tonight that, Desire won't be able to sync any Google functions, because isn't Google tied.

(Example: Google address book, Calendar and Gmail)

Is that true?

Thanks,
Jamie

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
this will be a deal breaker for me!!! i have my money ready and waiting on att to release this beast....if the above comments are true! my money will go to the Nexus One

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
hummmm? i'm running Modaco's recent release of the Desire ROM on my N1 and the Google settings include options to sync contacts, Gmail and calendar. there's also a Gmail app, the Calendar app includes options to add your Gmail calendar, contacts have the ability to merge/sync Google contacts. Modaco has indicated that Alpha 17 (beta if you ask me) is based on a release candidate version of the Desire.

mogune

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I’ve synced my Desire with Google, in fact it was the only way to transfer all of my contacts to HTC, through built-in sync option. All of it went very smooth, although I must add that I’m not on AT&T, if it makes any difference.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That sounds really odd. I highly doubt its true. If it is, I'd be even more annoyed by ATT than I already am, and REALLY surprised at HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton