Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFI connection problems

Hi!

I've just bought a Desire and I'm really happy with my purchase :-)

The only problem I've encountered so far is that when I connect it to my D-Link Dir-615 router it appears to be connected and the signal is strong, but I just can't use internet.

Any idea how I can solve this? Thanks for your help!!!

Is it possible that your home Wi-Fi network is passworded?

As mogune said, check to see if you have any default security (WEP/WPA etc...) set up on your wireless connection (in the router). If you have, then you will need the relevant key entered into your Desire for it to work.

Edit: Check the bottom of the router, it may just have this information on there.

I have the same problem with the same router
    The only difference is that I have a Vodafone sure signal as well
    I've spoken to Vodafone who are sure its a faulty handset (I'm not convinced)
    So far I've been waiting for 5 days for them to get the desire back in stock so I can get a replacement sent out to me (they did try to get me to accept a repair but that isn't happening)

Maybes Wireless Isolation could be active, therefore disabling any wireless activity unless it's allowed via inputting the MAC address of future devices you wish to connect?

- Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dnlgee View Post
    Maybes Wireless Isolation could be active, therefore disabling any wireless activity unless it's allowed via inputting the MAC address of future devices you wish to connect?

- Dan
    ???? ok i'm deff not tech savy enough to understand anything you said there

i managed to get a spare 20 mins and visit the local vodafone store where they tested my phone and agreed that it was definitely faulty and needed to be exchanged

only problem is vodafone have no stock anywhere and i really dont want to swap for a different make or model ....

Seems nowhere have them in stock at the minute!