Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download!!!

Caddyman, over at Android Forums has released Eris OS 2.1v3 LEAK.

Enjoy.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Interesting. Strange how I waited until today to root and before I started I checked the forums and saw this thread lol. I will be trying this out now though and I will let everyone know the outcome.
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

It's running fine for me over the last couple hours. Only issue I'm having is it won'y run the Facebook widget
    Banned

I have installed this leak and am now in the process of re-populating all the data on my phone. Seems to be working fine...no glitches yet, will advise.

BTW...possibly dumb question: now that I've installed 2.1 should I remove the PB00IMG.zip file from my SD or leave it...will it interfere with the OTA when it (eventually) arrives? Thx.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Well something I am having an issue with is that everytime I call someone it vibrates real quick then its fine. And the service seems a bit worse but I'm not sure..

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    Well something I am having an issue with is that everytime I call someone it vibrates real quick then its fine.
    2.1v2 does this for me as well.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Now one of the issues I am experiencing is that it opens a million different apps for no reason at all. Luckily I have Apollo Task Killer (free) and I set the Autokill to 1 minute after my screen goes idle.

Does anyone have this problem?

@DragonOrta Thanks haha atleast I know I am not alone.

Banned

Just an update, re-installed all apps, reloaded media and contacts, set up email, no signs of bugs to this point. I'm sure there will be some, but this thing seems pretty damn stable. AND I've been using it non-stop for the past three hours and have lost only 15% on the battery...would have been more like 30-40% on 1.5. On the Android Forum boards they're saying the dropped sound on calls is still going on...if I run into that I'll let you know.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Interesting. Strange how I waited until today to root and before I started I checked the forums and saw this thread lol. I will be trying this out now though and I will let everyone know the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL NICKINSON on the front page news
    Warning - This is leaked beta testing software, and wasn't meant for general use. Flashing it will wipe your phone, and take away root if you have it. As always, use your best judgment and flash at your own risk!

By installing Leak 3 you just unrooted your phone and now cant reroot till someone figures out how to root the leaks! doooe!
    Last edited by tropper; 04-30-2010 at 06:53 AM.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    By installing Leak 3 you just unrooted your phone and now cant reroot till someone figures out how to root the leaks! doooe!
    um wow... lol Oh well if I have to I'll take this bad boy back to verizon and get a new phone. I am kind enjoying it so far though.

Those that have updated... I would love some feedback on this new leak. Thanks.

Back in my BB days I was constantly looking for software updates. Now I just want an OS that works that I don't have to worry about. 2nd leak seems to be close. I haven't really experienced many issues with it but I will upgrade I'd performance does too. So let us all know how this one runs please.

ROM
    Stock

Quite happy with v3 leak thus far. Phone is definately more responsive. Haven't hit the call bug yet. I hope it's squashed.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I haven't had any random browser closes so far. The FB widget doesn't work if you run 1.2, but is fine with 1.1. Everything else seems A-ok so far.

Am I able to drop this on my already updated Eris? I'm running the original 2.1 leak that came out a while ago.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kuth70 View Post
    Am I able to drop this on my already updated Eris? I'm running the original 2.1 leak that came out a while ago.
    yes you can
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I'm enjoying this a lot the thing I like the most is the navigation, since its the first time I've upgraded I've never used it before. Desk clock is really nice too, just wish I had a dock for it.

The newest version of Swype works great on it too no problems there.

Just updated it this moment even though I just finished setting up my new replacement yesterday).

Was always too afraid to use leaked OS for my BB. But I figured wth. I'll either be switching to Sprint soon or pestering VZW until they let me return the Eris for the Incredible.

Hopefully I won't have any problems to post, but if I do, I'll edit...

I'm off to play

ROM
    MIUI, GTabComb 3.3

I'm enjoying this a lot the thing I like the most is the navigation, since its the first time I've upgraded I've never used it before. Desk clock is really nice too, just wish I had a dock for it.

The newest version of Swype works great on it too no problems there.
    I got a dock for my Eris for $18.99 free shipping on eBay last week, its great. Don't search for "dock", search for Eris Charger and scan until you find it. It charges a spare battery as well, sync to a PC, good viewing angle. Only thing I don't like is the bright blue power on light which beams onto my ceiling by my bed, a piece of tape will fix that.

running it now. Not noticing much difference though. Hoping for better battery life.

Pinch zoom doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell.23 View Post
    Pinch zoom doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Pinch zoom works great for me.

Ok. Not working for me but no big deal. The time without a signal bug bothers me the most I think. Was hoping this was fixed. Everything else seems fine though.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Site D View Post
    I got a dock for my Eris for $18.99 free shipping on eBay last week, its great. Don't search for "dock", search for Eris Charger and scan until you find it. It charges a spare battery as well, sync to a PC, good viewing angle. Only thing I don't like is the bright blue power on light which beams onto my ceiling by my bed, a piece of tape will fix that.
    Awsome thanks for the info I'll be sure to check it out!

Reinstalled and pinch zoom is working now. Signal bug still there. Seems to be as responsive as leak 2 was. Overall running fine.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell.23 View Post
    Reinstalled and pinch zoom is working now. Signal bug still there. Seems to be as responsive as leak 2 was. Overall running fine.
    What's the signal bug? Just the picture of how many bars are lit up or something else? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast