1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Default Custom Roms

Alright so I've been following a tutorial on how to root and add a custom rom to my phone and whatever so anyway..

All I have done so far was put the 2.1 image on my SD card and upgraded everything worked / works perfectly fine.

So my question is, what is the point of the "custom rom" then? Do I have to do anything else to my phone? (is is necessary?) or can I leave me phone like it is? What good comes out of flashing a custom rom on to the phone?

What is the newest, best custom rom out as of today?? And can you provide me a link to it?
    Last edited by chdtpn; 04-29-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

evil Eris atm
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    Alright so I've been following a tutorial on how to root and add a custom rom to my phone and whatever so anyway..

All I have done so far was put the 2.1 image on my SD card and upgraded everything worked / works perfectly fine.

So my question is, what is the point of the "custom rom" then? Do I have to do anything else to my phone? (is is necessary?) or can I leave me phone like it is? What good comes out of flashing a custom rom on to the phone?

What is the newest, best custom rom out as of today?? And can you provide me a link to it?
    You did download leak v.3 right ? If so you need root to flash a custom
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Yea I did, and I still haven't flashed a ROM lol What is the point of flashing a ROM tho?
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Its a custom version of how things run and communicate. But if you have the leak your not rooted and you cant flash a new rom till your are rooted
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Generally ROMs include better memory management and keep root access so root apps (like ShootMe, Cachemate, wifi tether) can work.