Alright so I've been following a tutorial on how to root and add a custom rom to my phone and whatever so anyway..

All I have done so far was put the 2.1 image on my SD card and upgraded everything worked / works perfectly fine.

So my question is, what is the point of the "custom rom" then? Do I have to do anything else to my phone? (is is necessary?) or can I leave me phone like it is? What good comes out of flashing a custom rom on to the phone?

What is the newest, best custom rom out as of today?? And can you provide me a link to it?
    04-29-2010 06:22 PM
    evil Eris atm
    05-06-2010 07:10 AM
    Alright so I've been following a tutorial on how to root and add a custom rom to my phone and whatever so anyway..

All I have done so far was put the 2.1 image on my SD card and upgraded everything worked / works perfectly fine.

So my question is, what is the point of the "custom rom" then? Do I have to do anything else to my phone? (is is necessary?) or can I leave me phone like it is? What good comes out of flashing a custom rom on to the phone?

What is the newest, best custom rom out as of today?? And can you provide me a link to it?
    You did download leak v.3 right ? If so you need root to flash a custom
    05-07-2010 05:28 AM
    Yea I did, and I still haven't flashed a ROM lol What is the point of flashing a ROM tho?
    05-07-2010 07:36 AM
    Its a custom version of how things run and communicate. But if you have the leak your not rooted and you cant flash a new rom till your are rooted
    05-07-2010 01:05 PM
    Generally ROM's include better memory management and keep root access so root apps (like ShootMe, Cachemate, wifi tether) can work.
    05-07-2010 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD