2.1 Roots for OTA.

FauxCaptain

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright. I have one of the 2.1 roots. And I've been trying to manually update my Eris. But it always says the Installation fails about 1/4 of the way. Can people who have rooted now get the 2.1 update as well as the people who used the leak?

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Have a friend who has the same problem - looking around the net using google.com I have found zero info sadly. Is there some procedure anyone knows about to make the official OTA 2.1 work on a formerly rooted phone?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
once rooted you can't go back. It appears those(like me) who installed the leak are in the same boat, but have non of the advantages of a rooted phone. If you have a rooted phone it isn't really a good idea to install an official update. It isn't made for your install. There are differences that would most likely cause you headaches.

I however would be interested in finding a way to root my phone from the leak 3 personally. I can't get the OTA anyway and manual install not working.

jd

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted I would just wait until they have a ROM based off the official update. Then you still have root and a reliable ROM.

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted I would just wait until they have a ROM based off the official update. Then you still have root and a reliable ROM.

I don't think it matters in his case - he's not doing anything on the phone that required a "rooted" phone, I think he just installed a 2.1 beta because it sounded like a fun thing to do.

Sadly the official firmware won't install for some reason - I think it has something to do with the loader...