1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Default So i just rooted, now what ROM?

I am using the rooted 2.1 and love it. I am curious about Evil Eris 2.01, anyone use it? What are your favorite root flavors?
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5
    Your phone will only be the latest and greatest for a few months.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Nothing?
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5

Just wait i think your question will get answered soon most people dont log on till the night and i would say something but im on leak but i do really want to try evil eris when they bring root to the official ota
    LG Dare => HTC Droid Eris (Rooted) => Motorola Droid (Rooted) => Droid Pro => Samsung Facinate (Rooted)
    Follow Me on Twitter!!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

I'm on Evil Eris 2.0.1 right now and WOW. This is what I expected out of HTC with the OTA but they fell short.

I don't like the look of Evil Eris myself. I am using Ivan's ROM and all seems to be working just fine - better than 2.1 OTA, with just one minor bug that I can definitely live with.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

I had planned on branching out and trying other ROMs, but I realized that EE made my phone exactly what I wanted out of it, and didn't feel I needed to risk the flashing new ROMs a few times a week/month.

So far I've used Leak v1, and Leak v3 (then broke my phone, and no not on purpose, find my thread on it.) Then I rooted to 2.1 which was better than Leak v3 although very similiar, then tried EE, and am satisfied. I suggest anyone getting an Eris to avoid the leak and the OTA, and root, then find the one that suits them. That is if anyone is still actually buying Erises.

But it's awesome that we can all go out there and find which ROM suits us. Beats waiting on HTC/VZW to do anything.
    Last edited by judasmachine; 06-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    jd

I'm using the aloyious ROM version 12. It's awesome!

Default Re: So i just rooted, now what ROM?

I started with ZenEXP and loved it.

Switched yesterday to Eris Lightning (cyanogen) and really dig it so far. Nit sure I like adw as much as Open Home but that'd certainly nit a dealbreaker.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    I don't like the look of Evil Eris myself. I am using Ivan's ROM and all seems to be working just fine - better than 2.1 OTA, with just one minor bug that I can definitely live with.
    I actually had another bug, one that plagued me with 2.1 stock and was one of the "last straws" that led me to root in the first place.

Right now I go back and forth between xtrROM and CyanogenELB, and I like them both. When Ivan updates again, I'll probably look at his again. I'm also looking forward to a stable FroYo build, which should be available pretty soon.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

I've used Evil Eris, and CyanogenELB. I really like both. The only bug I had in EE was the first tap on the browser icon never took. I had to tap it, wait, then tap it again for it to load. So far ELB is just fantastic.

Evil Eris 3 for me, but it really is up to you. If you start liking a ROM just make a nandroid back up and try as many ROMs as your heart desires. If you don't like what you see in the other ROMs just restore your back up and your ready to go.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

I also tried KaosFroyo which IMHO is not quite ready for primetime, at least when I tried it. But it's fun, and CELB is just as fast as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmachine View Post
    I also tried KaosFroyo which IMHO is not quite ready for primetime, at least when I tried it. But it's fun, and CELB is just as fast as far as I can tell.
    KaosFroyo ( went up last night and all that's really not working is the camera viewfinder. If you don't need the camera then I definitely recommend trying it out. It's FAST and very smooth with ADW as the stock home which is awesome. EvilEris 3.0() or Sense-able 3.1() are awesome if you want a sense based ROM. If you try any out let us know what you think

GO with the KaosFroyo one thats what im using but i also have Evil Eris in a back up file just in case i want to go back to 2.1 sense
    LG Dare => HTC Droid Eris (Rooted) => Motorola Droid (Rooted) => Droid Pro => Samsung Facinate (Rooted)
    Follow Me on Twitter!!!!

I was running Kaos Froyo 23 the last 24 hours and I agree - it's nearly there. Besides the camera issues (barcode scanning also does not work), I also noticed that answering a call is laggy.

I run XTR 3.0.3 everyday and I really like that one.