Question about Android Tether after rooting

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using Adndroid Tether after rooting? I have a couple of questions for anyone familiar.

First if I go to speedtest.net on my laptop and do a test while tethered speedtest is picking a server in Witchita, Ks do to the test from (I live in the Los Angeles area). Yesterday it gave me a choice of several in the SF Bay area. If turn off tethering and go back to my normal DSL connection, it gives me a choice of servers in Los Angeles or San Diego (which is what I have always gotten). So apparently Sprint is telling speedtest.net that my IP address is located elsewhere. Why?
BTW, if I do the speedtest on just the phone itself using the speedtest app, it too is saying the server is in Witchita.

Second, while I have tried the tethering maybe 5 or 6 times between last night and this morning, the last time I did, I was unable to get back onto my normal router connection with this or any computer in my house until I turned off and then back on again my router/modem. The network was listed but I was asked for my WPA password the router just would not accept it until the power cycle. Any idea why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac