Droid Eris App Help

jjherbert521

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to charge my old Eris and skip the activation process for Verizon and connect to wifi but now The Market will not open, I was able to download the Amazon App Store but then says there is a Parse Error and downloaded and installed the GetJar app but when I try to download an app it also gives me an error.

I only want to use this for to hook up to to my blue tooth speaker that I have at work. All I really want is Pandora and iHeartRadio - or even one of them would be fine.

I have never tried rooting a device but would be willing to try anything as long as I have directions of how to do it.

Thanks for your help!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was able to charge my old Eris and skip the activation process for Verizon and connect to wifi but now The Market will not open, I was able to download the Amazon App Store but then says there is a Parse Error and downloaded and installed the GetJar app but when I try to download an app it also gives me an error.

I only want to use this for to hook up to to my blue tooth speaker that I have at work. All I really want is Pandora and iHeartRadio - or even one of them would be fine.

I have never tried rooting a device but would be willing to try anything as long as I have directions of how to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Try a factory reset and go through the process again. To skip activation, allow the phone to start the dial to activate, but hang up as soon as you hear the line ringing. It will try two more times, then give up and allow you to go through the activation process, including adding a Google account. That should fix the market problem.

If that doesn't work, report back and I'll give you quick instructions for rooting and installing a custom ROM.