1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default root on Eris

Anyone hear of any projects to root this phone yet?

nothing yet, see the other 2 threads on this. lol it will be HUGE news all over the net once it happens. so no need in asking and starting 20 new threads on the same topic.

speaking of which...did you see how long ago the OP posted this?

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

lol funny..

I'm new to the forums and keep seeing root and rooted. What exactly does this mean? Thanks!

wait i thought there was a explanation on the homepage of android central might want to go see Joribox
    LG Dare => HTC Droid Eris (Rooted) => Motorola Droid (Rooted) => Droid Pro => Samsung Facinate (Rooted)
    Follow Me on Twitter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joribox View Post
    I'm new to the forums and keep seeing root and rooted. What exactly does this mean? Thanks!
    go to the hacking forum, second to top thread "what does root mean"

http://forum.androidcentral.com/hack...ally-mean.html

Thanks CrackMonkey and IzelTokatl I did a search in the forums and got a few threads but the thread suggested below wasn't in the list. It was very helpful, I really appreciate it!!

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

There is a thread on the main eris board with a link to xda forums, we have root. Barring any fatal errors.
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5
    Your phone will only be the latest and greatest for a few months.

heres the link im not taking credit for finding this im just reposting from the main htc droid eris threads
    LG Dare => HTC Droid Eris (Rooted) => Motorola Droid (Rooted) => Droid Pro => Samsung Facinate (Rooted)
    Follow Me on Twitter!!!!

1.5 to 2.1 Root now:

Official 1.5 to 2.x ROOT
    Official 2.1 OTA to ROOT

..neither work on leaked 2.1 versions...

Manual root instructions applicable to both 1.5 and 2.1 OTA to 2.1 ROOT.

Simplest way to root your official phone
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

So that didn't work on the leak 2.1v3 I would have thought it would have seeing its the same as the ota. I really hope someone finds a way to root the leak or at least roll back

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    S3: Stock Rom / Tab: AOKP

I'm finding that people are extremely RUDE in this forum!!!! For the freakin love, people, if someone doesn't know something, just help them out!!! Stop being ****heads to people just because YOU know or YOU are annoyed!!!

Try being USEFUL instead of ATTACKING!

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I'm finding that people are extremely RUDE in this forum!!!! For the freakin love, people, if someone doesn't know something, just help them out!!! Stop being ****heads to people just because YOU know or YOU are annoyed!!!

Just curious - which post in this thread was rude?

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post

Yeah who is this aimed at? I didn't say anything rude and I was the last post

Default Re: root on Eris

Quote Originally Posted by IzelTokatl View Post
    Official 2.1 OTA to ROOT

Manual root instructions applicable to both 1.5 and 2.1 OTA to 2.1 ROOT.
    I've decided to use the walkthrough since the last time I checked the master app wasn't available.

My question is...am I safe in assuming that I can choose a different Eris ROM than the one provided in the Flash a Custom ROM step?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Oh...and thanks in advance for not being rude.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

found out i accidently downloaded the piece of crap leaked version no no root for me..pisses me off if it says 2.1 root it should be, not the crappy v3 leak

That brings up the question of how to tell you're getting the right root file. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by saintdice View Post
    That brings up the question of how to tell you're getting the right root file. Anyone?
    Find an application that can check for the MD5 hash of the file that you download, and check it against the file that you have downloaded. In fact, I would do it after download, and then do it again after you have copied it to the SD card, if you can.

The file can be downloaded from - make sure that you download the correct one - the one that is labeled root! And, as you can see, the MD5 is 63eacc5ede3b179f95dc22d8ef585f94

This tells you an easy way to check an MD5 hash in Windows:

used your hascheck method. worked great.

rooted last night.

don't know what I was ever afraid of.